Dave Plowman (News)

Default Wanted - a louder door chime

Just as a point, has anyone noticed that pretty all door bells are 'tuned'
to the same note regardless of make?

--
*Verbs HAS to agree with their subjects *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Ian Stirling

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
Just as a point, has anyone noticed that pretty all door bells are 'tuned'
to the same note regardless of make?

It's gotta be just a matter of time before we get doorbells with downloadable
ringtones.

raden

In message , Ian
Stirling writes
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
Just as a point, has anyone noticed that pretty all door bells are 'tuned'
to the same note regardless of make?

It's gotta be just a matter of time before we get doorbells with downloadable
ringtones.

"THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR, THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR"

--
geoff
Ian Stirling

raden wrote:
In message , Ian
Stirling writes
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
Just as a point, has anyone noticed that pretty all door bells are 'tuned'
to the same note regardless of make?

It's gotta be just a matter of time before we get doorbells with downloadable
ringtones.

"THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR, THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR"

"They're coming to take me away,
Haha, they're coming to take me away,
Ho ho, hee hee, ha ha,
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
"

raden

In message , Ian
Stirling writes
raden wrote:
In message , Ian
Stirling writes
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
Just as a point, has anyone noticed that pretty all door bells are 'tuned'
to the same note regardless of make?

It's gotta be just a matter of time before we get doorbells with downloadable
ringtones.

"THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR, THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR"

"They're coming to take me away,
Haha, they're coming to take me away,
Ho ho, hee hee, ha ha,
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time

That's DIMMs doorbell

--
geoff

Owain

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote
| Ian Stirling contains
| It's gotta be just a matter of time before we get doorbells with
| downloadable ringtones.

One of the Byron ones in B&Q allows you to record your own, I noticed today
(they still haven't changed their extension leads display).

| Crocketts, an oldfashioned ironmongers in Glasgow where you can
| easily spend hours fossicking about, has a whole department of
| very different doorbells, connected up so you can test run
| them until the staff lose patience.

B&Q used to have one of those, but they've replaced it with a wimpy
low-volume one using recorded sounds.

| My favourite is the hound-from-hell barking dog doorbell...

I once had the intention of making one of the barking dog alarms (probably
from Maplin) and wiring it into a PA amplifier.

Owain