Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ceiling fan blades

Thanks a million to all who responded to my question concerning the
number of blades on a ceiling fan. Good discussion and good
information. Now here's the real story behind the question: My wife
really likes the Hampton Bay Escape fan (3 blades, 64" diam) because
of its unique and nautical appearance. Have any of you owned this fan
or seen it in operation? If so, how does it perform?

Thanks

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 13, 12:06 pm, " wrote:
Thanks a million to all who responded to my question concerning the
number of blades on a ceiling fan. Good discussion and good
information. Now here's the real story behind the question: My wife
really likes the Hampton Bay Escape fan (3 blades, 64" diam) because
of its unique and nautical appearance. Have any of you owned this fan
or seen it in operation? If so, how does it perform?

Thanks

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis

I believe this fan has a 14 degree angle to the blades. I don't know
what size motor it has, but 14 degrees is almost as steep as they
come, so I'd insure that the motor has some pretty beefy specs.

Doesn't that one come with one 60 watt bulb? Is that going to be
enough light for where you plan to use it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 13, 3:09 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Nov 13, 12:06 pm, " wrote:

Thanks a million to all who responded to my question concerning the
number of blades on a ceiling fan. Good discussion and good
information. Now here's the real story behind the question: My wife
really likes the Hampton Bay Escape fan (3 blades, 64" diam) because
of its unique and nautical appearance. Have any of you owned this fan
or seen it in operation? If so, how does it perform?

Thanks

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis

I believe this fan has a 14 degree angle to the blades. I don't know
what size motor it has, but 14 degrees is almost as steep as they
come, so I'd insure that the motor has some pretty beefy specs.

Doesn't that one come with one 60 watt bulb? Is that going to be
enough light for where you plan to use it?

Here is a 10 blade www.bigAssfans.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote

information. Now here's the real story behind the question: My wife
really likes the Hampton Bay Escape fan (3 blades, 64" diam) because
of its unique and nautical appearance. Have any of you owned this fan
or seen it in operation? If so, how does it perform?

Has a review on the web, overall, average but spiffy looking if it fits your
decor.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 13, 12:06 pm, " wrote:

Thanks a million to all who responded to my question concerning the
number of blades on a ceiling fan. Good discussion and good
information. Now here's the real story behind the question: My wife
really likes the Hampton Bay Escape fan (3 blades, 64" diam) because
of its unique and nautical appearance. Have any of you owned this fan
or seen it in operation? If so, how does it perform?

Thanks

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis

I believe this fan has a 14 degree angle to the blades. I don't know
what size motor it has, but 14 degrees is almost as steep as they
come, so I'd insure that the motor has some pretty beefy specs.

Doesn't that one come with one 60 watt bulb? Is that going to be
enough light for where you plan to use it?

Here is a 10 blade www.bigAssfans.com

Four blades are enough to dust!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote: