DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ceiling fan blades (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/220975-ceiling-fan-blades.html)

[email protected] November 13th 07 05:06 PM

ceiling fan blades

Thanks a million to all who responded to my question concerning the
number of blades on a ceiling fan. Good discussion and good
information. Now here's the real story behind the question: My wife
really likes the Hampton Bay Escape fan (3 blades, 64" diam) because
of its unique and nautical appearance. Have any of you owned this fan
or seen it in operation? If so, how does it perform?

Thanks

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis

willshak November 13th 07 05:14 PM

ceiling fan blades

on 11/13/2007 12:06 PM said the following:
Thanks a million to all who responded to my question concerning the
number of blades on a ceiling fan. Good discussion and good
information. Now here's the real story behind the question: My wife
really likes the Hampton Bay Escape fan (3 blades, 64" diam) because
of its unique and nautical appearance. Have any of you owned this fan
or seen it in operation? If so, how does it perform?

Thanks

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis

When we bought the fans for our sunroom, I liked this one (having been
in the Navy), but my wife picked out another.
You might check this page:
http://products.howstuffworks.com/ha...314-review.htm

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

DerbyDad03 November 13th 07 09:09 PM

ceiling fan blades

On Nov 13, 12:06 pm, " wrote:
Thanks a million to all who responded to my question concerning the
number of blades on a ceiling fan. Good discussion and good
information. Now here's the real story behind the question: My wife
really likes the Hampton Bay Escape fan (3 blades, 64" diam) because
of its unique and nautical appearance. Have any of you owned this fan
or seen it in operation? If so, how does it perform?

Thanks

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis

I believe this fan has a 14 degree angle to the blades. I don't know
what size motor it has, but 14 degrees is almost as steep as they
come, so I'd insure that the motor has some pretty beefy specs.

Doesn't that one come with one 60 watt bulb? Is that going to be
enough light for where you plan to use it?

ransley November 13th 07 09:57 PM

ceiling fan blades

Here is a 10 blade www.bigAssfans.com

Cshenk November 14th 07 12:36 AM

ceiling fan blades

"DerbyDad03" wrote

information. Now here's the real story behind the question: My wife
really likes the Hampton Bay Escape fan (3 blades, 64" diam) because
of its unique and nautical appearance. Have any of you owned this fan
or seen it in operation? If so, how does it perform?

Has a review on the web, overall, average but spiffy looking if it fits your
decor.

Phisherman November 14th 07 12:52 AM

ceiling fan blades

On Nov 13, 12:06 pm, " wrote:

Thanks a million to all who responded to my question concerning the
number of blades on a ceiling fan. Good discussion and good
information. Now here's the real story behind the question: My wife
really likes the Hampton Bay Escape fan (3 blades, 64" diam) because
of its unique and nautical appearance. Have any of you owned this fan
or seen it in operation? If so, how does it perform?

Thanks

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis

I believe this fan has a 14 degree angle to the blades. I don't know
what size motor it has, but 14 degrees is almost as steep as they
come, so I'd insure that the motor has some pretty beefy specs.

Doesn't that one come with one 60 watt bulb? Is that going to be
enough light for where you plan to use it?

Here is a 10 blade www.bigAssfans.com

Four blades are enough to dust!

radire November 26th 07 10:48 AM

ceiling fan blades