Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Cell phone icons

I have a new Tracfone and am curious about the four icons at the top of
the main screen. There is what looks like a telephone pole with some
vertical marks next to it (signal strength), a circle with a cross
inside (911 ready), a 'battery" (battery indicator). The fourth is a
small square with a 1x inside it. This is identified as IS-2000 in the
phone's glossary. I have called the manufacturer (LG Electronics) and
Tracfone and they have been unable to tell me what IS-2000 means. The
instruction book is no help either. Do any of you have any idea what
IS-2000 means?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 25, 8:38�am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
I have a new Tracfone and am curious about the four icons at the top of
the main screen. *There is what looks like a telephone pole with some
vertical marks next to it (signal strength), a circle with a cross
inside (911 ready), a 'battery" (battery indicator). *The fourth is a
small square with a 1x inside it. *This is identified as IS-2000 in the
phone's glossary. *I have called the manufacturer (LG Electronics) and
Tracfone and they have been unable to tell me what IS-2000 means. *The
instruction book is no help either. *Do any of you have any idea what
IS-2000 means?

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

its a certification of compatabilty with CDMA phone technology, that
trac phone uses.

different providers of cell phones use different systems.

in europe they are all the same, and with a different slide in card
every phone runs on every system

Posted to alt.home.repair

---MIKE--- wrote:
I have a new Tracfone and am curious about the four icons at the top of
the main screen. There is what looks like a telephone pole with some
vertical marks next to it (signal strength), a circle with a cross
inside (911 ready), a 'battery" (battery indicator). The fourth is a
small square with a 1x inside it. This is identified as IS-2000 in the
phone's glossary. I have called the manufacturer (LG Electronics) and
Tracfone and they have been unable to tell me what IS-2000 means. The
instruction book is no help either. Do any of you have any idea what
IS-2000 means?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

It means that it is capable of and connected to a network that is using
that particular version of CDMA. If it is a digital only phone the only
other symbol that could be displayed there would be a "D" indicating the
phone was connected to a system using an older version of CDMA.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 05:48:28 -0700, "
wrote:

On Oct 25, 8:38?am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
I have a new Tracfone and am curious about the four icons at the top of
the main screen. here is what looks like a telephone pole with some
vertical marks next to it (signal strength), a circle with a cross
inside (911 ready), a 'battery" (battery indicator). he fourth is a
small square with a 1x inside it. his is identified as IS-2000 in the
phone's glossary. have called the manufacturer (LG Electronics) and
Tracfone and they have been unable to tell me what IS-2000 means. he
instruction book is no help either. o any of you have any idea what
IS-2000 means?

---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

(44?15'  - Elevation 1580')

its a certification of compatabilty with CDMA phone technology, that
trac phone uses.

different providers of cell phones use different systems.

in europe they are all the same, and with a different slide in card
every phone runs on every system

My Tracfone uses GSM, and has such a card. The card is hidden under
the battery (you'd have to take the battery out to see it) and very
small.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy