Michael Kennedy

Default Cell phone LOL!!

I got a real laugh out of this e-mail. The odds are next to nothing of this
happening unless your phone got struck by lightning.

FYI... Subject: DO NOT ANSWER CELL YOUR PHONE WHEN IT'S CHARGING!!!!!!
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 00:47:35 -0700 (PDT) Don't answer a

cellphone while it's being charged Don't answer a cell phone
while it is being CHARGED!! A few days ago, a person was recharging his
cell phone at home. Just at that time a call came through and !
he attended to it; with the instrument still connected to the mains
After a few seconds electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestrained
and the person was thrown to the ground with a heavy
thud. His parents rushed into the room only to find him
unconscious, with weak heartbeats and burnt fingers. He was rushed to
the nearby hospital,
but was pronounced dead on arrival. A Cell phone is a very useful
modern invention. However, we must be aware that it can also be an
instrument of death.
Never use the cell phone while it is hooked to the mains!

FORWARD THIS TO THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER IN YOUR LIFE, I JUST

DID!

Sam Goldwasser

"Michael Kennedy" writes:

I got a real laugh out of this e-mail. The odds are next to nothing of this
happening unless your phone got struck by lightning.

Or answering call in the shower and everything that could go wrong, did. The
chargers are very well designed to avoid any significant leakage of current from
the AC line.

FYI... Subject: DO NOT ANSWER CELL YOUR PHONE WHEN IT'S CHARGING!!!!!!

Ken Weitzel

Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 00:47:35 -0700 (PDT) Don't answer a

cellphone while it's being charged Don't answer a cell phone
while it is being CHARGED!! A few days ago, a person was recharging his
cell phone at home. Just at that time a call came through and !
he attended to it; with the instrument still connected to the mains
After a few seconds electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestrained
and the person was thrown to the ground with a heavy
thud. His parents rushed into the room only to find him
unconscious, with weak heartbeats and burnt fingers. He was rushed to
the nearby hospital,
but was pronounced dead on arrival. A Cell phone is a very useful
modern invention. However, we must be aware that it can also be an
instrument of death.

Never use the cell phone while it is hooked to the mains!
FORWARD THIS TO THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER IN YOUR LIFE, I JUST

DID!

Hi...

Durn, they left off a line. That only applies to the new quick
chargers. 250,000 volts at 100 amps.

I've already worked out a solution for it. What I do is forward
my calls to my worst enemy while it's charging.

Ken

AZ Nomad

On 06 Oct 2005 17:16:41 -0400, Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Michael Kennedy" writes:

I got a real laugh out of this e-mail. The odds are next to nothing of this
happening unless your phone got struck by lightning.

Or answering call in the shower and everything that could go wrong, did. The
chargers are very well designed to avoid any significant leakage of current from
the AC line.

Don't let the corporate lawyers see that comment or we'll have another idiotic
warning taped around the AC adapter reading "Don't answer calls while charging
cell phone in the shower", just below "Don't eat." and just above "May cause
indigestion"
Tom MacIntyre

Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 00:47:35 -0700 (PDT) Don't answer a

[...]

Good thing this didn't happen when I tongue tested my cellphone
charger a few years back. :-)

Tom

Dave D

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
I got a real laugh out of this e-mail. The odds are next to nothing of this
happening unless your phone got struck by lightning.

FYI... Subject: DO NOT ANSWER CELL YOUR PHONE WHEN IT'S CHARGING!!!!!!

snip

The problem with these emails is that while some of us can laugh them off as
the hoaxes/urban myths they are, many people believe then unquestionably and
obligingly forward them on to as many people as they can. You can bet a good
proportion of those people are complete suckers who will fall for it hook,
line and sinker.

Some of them are mischievous but harmless, but others, especially the bogus
virus warnings, are downright malicious.

Dave

Asimov

"AZ Nomad" bravely wrote to "All" (06 Oct 05 23:09:48)
--- on the heady topic of " Cell phone LOL!!"

AN From: AZ Nomad
AN Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:344309

AN On 06 Oct 2005 17:16:41 -0400, Sam Goldwasser
AN wrote:

Or answering call in the shower and everything that could go wrong, did. The
chargers are very well designed to avoid any significant leakage of current
from the AC line.

AN Don't let the corporate lawyers see that comment or we'll have another
AN idiotic warning taped around the AC adapter reading "Don't answer calls
AN while charging cell phone in the shower", just below "Don't eat." and
AN just above "May cause indigestion"

Wasn't it "Don't dry hair while standing in bathtub full of water?"

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Now touch these wires to your tongue!

Asimov

"Dave D" bravely wrote to "All" (07 Oct 05 09:06:13)
--- on the heady topic of " Cell phone LOL!!"

DD From: "Dave D"
DD Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:344346

DD "Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
DD ...

FYI... Subject: DO NOT ANSWER CELL YOUR PHONE WHEN IT'S CHARGING!!!!!!

snip

DD The problem with these emails is that while some of us can laugh them
DD off as the hoaxes/urban myths they are, many people believe then
DD unquestionably and obligingly forward them on to as many people as
DD they can. You can bet a good proportion of those people are complete
DD suckers who will fall for it hook, line and sinker.

DD Some of them are mischievous but harmless, but others, especially the
DD bogus virus warnings, are downright malicious.

Dave,

This sort of gullible acceptance happened in local news with the recent
"Mars Hoax" going around. The ditzy blonde weather girlie girl actually
repeated that Mars was going to be the *same size as the full moon*.
"Here's yer sign, Miss..."

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... I know flyback, ultor, and 47 other dangerous words.

Bob Parker

I did a check on Snopes.com which is reputed to be a pretty reliable
source of info about internet stories, and they say that this one
really is based on an actual event in India, though it's been
embellished. Have a look at
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/cellcharge.asp for the details.

Bob

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 09:06:13 +0100, "Dave D" wrote:

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
I got a real laugh out of this e-mail. The odds are next to nothing of this
happening unless your phone got struck by lightning.

FYI... Subject: DO NOT ANSWER CELL YOUR PHONE WHEN IT'S CHARGING!!!!!!

snip

The problem with these emails is that while some of us can laugh them off as
the hoaxes/urban myths they are, many people believe then unquestionably and
obligingly forward them on to as many people as they can. You can bet a good
proportion of those people are complete suckers who will fall for it hook,
line and sinker.

Some of them are mischievous but harmless, but others, especially the bogus
virus warnings, are downright malicious.

Dave

Stan

Bob Parker wrote:

}I did a check on Snopes.com which is reputed to be a pretty reliable
}source of info about internet stories, and they say that this one
}really is based on an actual event in India...

Considering the wiring practices that are employed in parts of India,
I wouldn't be surprised if the story was true. Home-brew chargers
there could very well be nothing more than a diode and a dropping
resistor wrapped in electrician's tape.

Stan.
clifto

Asimov wrote:
"AZ Nomad" bravely wrote to "All" (06 Oct 05 23:09:48)
AN Don't let the corporate lawyers see that comment or we'll have another
AN idiotic warning taped around the AC adapter reading "Don't answer calls
AN while charging cell phone in the shower", just below "Don't eat." and
AN just above "May cause indigestion"

Wasn't it "Don't dry hair while standing in bathtub full of water?"

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?imagename=olfa_knife.jpg&category=House hold%20Items&date=2002-05-14
http://tinyurl.com/ml2i

Slighly OT -- Cell Phone Not Charging Steve Koschmann Metalworking 10 September 18th 05 12:00 AM
Telephone Jack Charlie S. Home Repair 22 July 12th 05 03:13 AM
a cell phone question RB Electronics Repair 5 March 9th 05 07:09 AM
How Realtors are using their cell phone Travis Jordan Home Ownership 3 February 18th 05 12:55 AM
SELL this FBI NOC LIST and MAKE MILLIONS like TOM CRUISE did in MISSION IMPOSSIBLE Keith Woodworking 0 October 25th 04 01:45 PM