Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Halloween has nothing to do with the dead anymore

I believe that the spirit of Halloween has nothing to do with the
dead. I think it is a holiday for the living to enjoy especially the
kids. Kids to just love this Holiday for the candy and the costumes.
So I think people can continue to celebrate halloween because of its
feel good aspect. I do not think it's dark origin has much effect on
it. I think the good and pure spirits of the children has made it
into a very good holiday.

Do you think that we should abstain from Halloween activities because
of its origin?

GovernessJoy
http://123kidsoftheworld.blogspot.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 17, 1:49 pm, "
wrote:
I believe that the spirit of Halloween has nothing to do with the
dead. I think it is a holiday for the living to enjoy especially the
kids. Kids to just love this Holiday for the candy and the costumes.
So I think people can continue to celebrate halloween because of its
feel good aspect. I do not think it's dark origin has much effect on
it. I think the good and pure spirits of the children has made it
into a very good holiday.

Do you think that we should abstain from Halloween activities because
of its origin?

Churches regularly hold Halloween activities despite its origin. I
guess its just like the non-Christ believing person celebrating
Christmas. They do it despite its origin. Really most holidays have
become commercialized anyway and almost mean nothing to the average
person. I do wish though that more would be put on Thanksgiving and
the 4th of July.

John

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in
ps.com:

I believe that the spirit of Halloween has nothing to do with the
dead.

Kick off the rekindling of the spirit. Drop dead.

--
SPAM bots eat me!
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:
From: abuse@localhost Reply-to: abuse@localhost
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:

This link puts the spam bots into a loop:
http://www.hostedscripts.com/scripts/antispam.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
I believe that the spirit of Halloween has nothing to do with the
dead.

And it does not relate to home repair in any fashion that I know, either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:49:42 -0700, "
wrote:

I believe that the spirit of Halloween has nothing to do with the
dead. I think it is a holiday for the living to enjoy especially the
kids. Kids to just love this Holiday for the candy and the costumes.
So I think people can continue to celebrate halloween because of its
feel good aspect. I do not think it's dark origin has much effect on
it. I think the good and pure spirits of the children has made it
into a very good holiday.

Do you think that we should abstain from Halloween activities because
of its origin?

GovernessJoy
http://123kidsoftheworld.blogspot.com

Halloween decorations are very popular here. I look forward to eating
salted pumpkin seeds. I save some seeds for the dead loved ones to
eat. The following day is "All Saints Day," to remind us that
everyone is a saint, Catholic or not.

Happy Halloween!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I believe that the spirit of Halloween has nothing to do with the
dead. I think it is a holiday for the living to enjoy especially the
kids. Kids to just love this Holiday for the candy and the costumes.
So I think people can continue to celebrate halloween because of its
feel good aspect. I do not think it's dark origin has much effect on
it. I think the good and pure spirits of the children has made it
into a very good holiday.

True. I sort of feel sorry for my deluded fundamentalist neighbor who
hates Halloween.

Do you think that we should abstain from Halloween activities because
of its origin?

No. Ancient mythology has little if anything to do with today.

GovernessJoy
http://123kidsoftheworld.blogspot.com

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."
Posted to alt.home.repair

yes.

wrote in message
ps.com...

Do you think that we should abstain from Halloween activities because
of its origin?

GovernessJoy

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article qUuRi.73624$Da.27270@pd7urf1no,
"Noozer" wrote:

wrote in message
ps.com...
I believe that the spirit of Halloween has nothing to do with the
dead.

And it does not relate to home repair in any fashion that I know, either.

Well maybe after some of the tricks....