Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Halloween has nothing to do with the dead anymore

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:49:42 -0700, "
wrote:

I believe that the spirit of Halloween has nothing to do with the
dead. I think it is a holiday for the living to enjoy especially the
kids. Kids to just love this Holiday for the candy and the costumes.
So I think people can continue to celebrate halloween because of its
feel good aspect. I do not think it's dark origin has much effect on
it. I think the good and pure spirits of the children has made it
into a very good holiday.

Do you think that we should abstain from Halloween activities because
of its origin?

GovernessJoy
http://123kidsoftheworld.blogspot.com

Halloween decorations are very popular here. I look forward to eating
salted pumpkin seeds. I save some seeds for the dead loved ones to
eat. The following day is "All Saints Day," to remind us that
everyone is a saint, Catholic or not.

Happy Halloween!