Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Halloween has nothing to do with the dead anymore

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:49:42 -0700, "
wrote:

I believe that the spirit of Halloween has nothing to do with the
dead. I think it is a holiday for the living to enjoy especially the
kids. Kids to just love this Holiday for the candy and the costumes.
So I think people can continue to celebrate halloween because of its
feel good aspect. I do not think it's dark origin has much effect on
it. I think the good and pure spirits of the children has made it
into a very good holiday.

True. I sort of feel sorry for my deluded fundamentalist neighbor who
hates Halloween.

Do you think that we should abstain from Halloween activities because
of its origin?

No. Ancient mythology has little if anything to do with today.

GovernessJoy
http://123kidsoftheworld.blogspot.com

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."