Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Update - Halloween Yard "Art"

Sketched out the first couple not big problem. Then other matters
interfered for a couple of days. To help in the sketching, I quartered
the work piece, with a line up the middle, and across the middle. For
my own drawing projects I may draw a line up the middle, to center it,
but that's it. But I also require a bit more detail in my own stuff.
With yard "art", who cares? The quarering did help me rought out the
figures faster. But the last few figuress were a bit more detailed than
the first ones.

So, I sixteenthed the work pieces. Line up the center, then halved
each side. Did the same thing crossways. Making a rough graph, with 16
sqsuares. Did the same, on a much smaller scale, on the pictures. Then
grabbed a magic marker, and started marking. I just used the pictures
as guides, didn't try to copy it line for line. Bsides being way too
slow, there wouldn't have been any fun trying to clone someone else's
work. So mine is the same subject, but quite different. With the
"graph" it went a lot faster, and they're finished now. The lines that
is. I'll cut them out tomorrow, and start mixing colors, and painting.
May even finish tomorrow.

It's actually been fun. And the dau-in-law says the grand-dau is
thrilled I'm doing it. NOT going to make a career of this tho. I do
buy plans, or patterns, on occassion, but I'll NEVER buy any yard art
patterns.

JOAT
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth."
"Really? Why not?"
"I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."