Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Costco 10'x20'Canopy Roof Replacement

I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Scott Sherratt" wrote in message
I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20 ft.
steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D, 14'4"/4.3m x
22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a customer service number
of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an ad, or service not available
message. Anyone have any luck getting a replacement roof for this popular
canopy ?

I'd take a guess that any you can find will cost more than the whole thing at
costco.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the tips. Some entrepreneur in China could probably make a
killing selling replacement canopies for $50 - $75.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 9, 11:44 am, Scott Sherratt wrote:
I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

HI, I HAVE THE SAME CANOPY, BUT I LOST THE ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS, I
WONDER IF YOU CAN SEND ME A COPY OF THAT? PLEASE! I CALLED TO CUSTOMER
SERVICE AND COSTCO BUT I GOT NOTHING. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 9, 12:44 pm, Scott Sherratt wrote:
I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

Try TSY services at 18005859969 on monday...I am looking for the old
white colored one...they only have the light brown. one..hopes this
helps
Posted to alt.home.repair

SCIESLAK had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...nt-256754-.htm
:

Scott Sherratt wrote:

I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual
has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an

ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

-------------------------------------

Did you find a replacement for your canopy? I am having the
same problem. Need to replace our 10 x 20 Costco tarp/canopy. Just
wondering if you had any luck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...nt-256754-.htm

Scott Sherratt wrote:

I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft.
x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is
2004-D,
14\'4"/4.3m x 22\'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The
manual
has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I
get an

ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck
getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

-------------------------------------

Did you find a replacement for your canopy? I am having
the
same problem. Need to replace our 10 x 20 Costco tarp/canopy. Just
wondering if you had any luck.

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/
Web
and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
alt.home.repair - 364467 messages
and counting!

Would you like to sell the canopy for the frame, and walls. I am in the
middle of a project, and I need just that.

email me if interested: sourkreit - at - geemail - dotcom

-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to ednasoto, Don Ziriax wrote:
ednasoto wrote:

On Oct 9, 11:44 am, Scott Sherratt wrote:
I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has

customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

HI, I HAVE THE SAME CANOPY, BUT I LOST THE ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS, I
WONDER IF YOU CAN SEND ME A COPY OF THAT? PLEASE! I CALLED TO CUSTOMER
SERVICE AND COSTCO BUT I GOT NOTHING. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

ED, I would be happy to forward assemble instructions for the ART 680344.
I was fortunate to go to a Costco in Tempe Arizona where the Asst manager
was good enough to forward same. My e-mail is
Good luck

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...nt-256754-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
jo jo is offline

ednasoto wrote:

[...]

did anyone find the replacement tarp for the frame from costco item number
680344

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...nt-256754-.htm
using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface
to home and garden related groups

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Scott Sherratt, Grumpyoldcoot wrote:
scott wrote:

I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

--
Scott, 10 x 20 Canopy parts, including the plastic sides and roofs can be
ordered by calling (909) 628-7888 8:30-4:30 Pacific Standard Time. These

I just ordered a new roof from Zhengte ($95 plus shipping), but after
perusing many other sites that sell canopy roof covers of the same size, I
feel that this one will work since I know it will fit the 2-inch
metal-tube frame since it is an original replacement part. The most
current item number I gave Zhengte was IRM./ART.405094. This is the number
to give the man who answers the phone, unless you can provide a newer item
number. Frankly, it appears that the only change to the original roof
design was the removal of the small tent-like air vents on the top of the
canopy. The roofs are now flat, without the vents on top.

Some of the other companies offered similar sized canopies, but with
either fastening straps or grommets placed farther apart than the original
Coscto roofs. Also, I read the reviews on the other roofs I looked at, and
it was apparent that none of these roof parts seemed to be any better than
the Zhengte roofs.

For those who have not kept the instruction manual, the part number is "M"
for the canopy roof. This is the part number to give to the man at
Zhengte.

I have replaced the roof every 2-3 years. and am due for another
replacement. The entire replacement job should take no more than an hour,
but save your bungees. It helps to have a helper, and a ladder will help.
I think that the company provides new bungees with the new roof, but this
may not be the case as of today (June 5, 2013).

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...nt-256754-.htm
using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface
to home and garden related groups

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Scott Sherratt, C Haas wrote:
scott wrote:

I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

Zhengte USA LLC
13791 Roswell Ave, Chino, CA 91710
909-628-7888

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...nt-256754-.htm
using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface
to home and garden related groups

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Grumpyoldcoot, cathlin wrote:
Grumpyoldcoot wrote:

Thank you for this post, very helpful. I just called and ordered mine.

Still $95 and the bungees can be ordered for $0.50 each.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...nt-256754-.htm
using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface
to home and garden related groups

Posted to alt.home.repair

scott wrote:

I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20

ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,

14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a

customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an

ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a

replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

Zhengte USA LLC

13791 Roswell Ave, Chino, CA 91710

909-628-7888

--

posted from

http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...nt-256754-.htm

using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface

to home and garden related groups

I FOUND A REPLACEMENT CANOPY FOR THE COSTCO TEMPORARY ONE CAR"GARAGE" CANOPY, TOP SIDES, BACK AND ZIPPERED FRONT PANELS AT TSY SERVICES @1 800 585-9969. I THINK THE CANOPY REPLACEMENT # IS S 05318 R. THE COMPANY IS LOCATED IN SANTA FE SPRINGS, CA.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Scott Sherratt, Barry wrote:
scott wrote:

I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

I just replaced the roof; cost $125, including shipping. I would just buy
a new canopy at the store, and save the shipping costs. You will have to
pay tax, however, but you will gain the extra side and end-panels that
will ultimately wear out. The only other negative is having to discard the
metal framework. See my post below on how to contact the company that has
the replacement parts.

I have found that these roofs last for three years before they need
replacing. I have scoured the internet to find different roofs, but
finally ended up just replaceing them with ones offered by the company
that supplies Costco.

Barry

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...nt-256754-.htm
using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface
to home and garden related groups

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Scott Sherratt, jack stern wrote:
scott wrote:

I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

Try www.costlesstarps.org , the tarps are thicker and last much longer. If
you buy a new one from costco, there only lasting about a year.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...nt-256754-.htm
using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface
to home and garden related groups

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 12:44:04 PM UTC-7, Scott Sherratt wrote:
I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

Try www.costlesstarps.org
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 12:44:04 PM UTC-7, Scott Sherratt wrote:
I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

Try www.costlesstarps.org

Six years is a long time to go without a canopy roof.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 03:30:51 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 12:44:04 PM UTC-7, Scott Sherratt wrote:
I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

Try www.costlesstarps.org

Six years is a long time to go without a canopy roof.

Yeah, but...

Costco sold the canopy 6 years ago?
Posted to alt.home.repair

scott wrote:

I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

Read the previous posts in this thread. Mine are under Grumpoldcoot and
Barry. You can choose either the roof portion only or purchase the entire
canopy (including the metal frame). It's your choice. The current phone
number is listed in one of my posts, or at least in one of the other
posts. Good luck.

Barry

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...nt-256754-.htm
using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface
to home and garden related groups

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Scott Sherratt, Christine wrote:
scott wrote:

I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

Hi Scott:
We have had the same issue. Kind of annoying as the frame is still good
but the cover is done. Did you have any luch with locating a cover?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Christine,

Look in your local phone book for companies that repair awnings. They
have the equipment and expertise to make you a new canopy roof.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Jul 2014 18:47:25 -0400, "David Martel"
wrote:

Christine,

Look in your local phone book for companies that repair awnings. They
have the equipment and expertise to make you a new canopy roof.

Dave M.

Another option is to contact a local marine upholstery shop. See if
they can / will make a canopy for the frame.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Replacement part can be ordered from: Zhengte U.S.A., LLC, Chino, CA 91710. 800-867-9018 Mon - Fri., 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (PST). They have a website too but, it just tells you to call them (or full out the form and they'll call you).

That said, I recommend you buy another complete unit, use the structural components to strengthen your existing one (put the new poles half way between the existing by cutting the existing in half, putting in the new poles by drilling and riveting the connectors and poles). That's what I did and then just covered with the new canvas. It makes for a much nicer and stronger unit. Might even cover with some corrugated material so I can stop replacing the canvas.

I have purchased parts by calling the provided company in the past. Initially it was obvious the guy I dealt with couldn't have cared less about getting me the parts I needed. After a little internet searching I tracked down the contact information for the President of the company in China and sent him an email. Service became exceptional after that.

One last thing, seems I cut some length off of the poles I cut in half to account for the extra length of the coupling. That way the canvas still fit. Not sure, it's been awhile. Just keep that in mind if you decide to do that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 13:15:40 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

Zacky Wacky strikes again from Wichita! Why would I trust you for
advice. Huh? You always post under multiple nyms.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren,

I'm new to this with this being my first post on this forum. Maybe I'm being paranoid but, I'm assuming your comments are in response to mine based on the timeline alone. If so, call the number and see if you can order replacement parts for the Costco canvas garages. When you can (as you will), shut the hell up.

If your comments aren't related to my post ....... Never mind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Costco 10'x20'Canopy Roof Replacement federal way wa. &59.00

replying to Scott Sherratt, bigdog wrote:
scott wrote:

I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

Costco stock them in federal way wa. &59.00

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to bigdog, david wrote:
bigdog wrote:

Costco stock them in federal way wa. &59.00

Is this Canopy Tarp part # 372749? It's my understanding that Costco
commissioned the manufactering and TSY was the distrutor. This is what I
need and TSY no longer has them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hello I am a new user here, I was hoping someone could help me by sending the assembly instructions for the costco 10 x 20 canopy ART. 680344. During assembly I came across 24 three foot rods that I have no idea where they go.. Any help would be much appreciated. Feel free to email me at . Thank you
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 1:44:04 PM UTC-6, Scott Sherratt wrote:
I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

call 18008679018. I have gotten many replacement parts from them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Uncle Monster , -Nate wrote:

6/02/2015

THANK YOU for this thread !

I tried King Canopy in NC , they had a 12 Mil green one for $87.48
delivered , thet best price I have found so far .

-Nate

unclemon wrote:

The wayback machine with Mr.Peabody and Sherman is running again. 8-)
[8~{} Uncle Wayback Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 9:44:04 AM UTC-10, Scott Sherratt wrote:
I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

Costco now sells the canopy roof replacement for $60 plus $5 handling.
http://www.costco.com/Replacement-Ca...100144269.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

scott wrote:

I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 20
ft. steel frame canopy, P/N 680344 from Costco. The P/N is 2004-D,
14'4"/4.3m x 22'5"/6.8m Polyethylene canopy roof. The manual has a
customer service number of 1-800-929-9517, but when I call it, I get an
ad, or service not available message. Anyone have any luck getting a
replacement roof for this popular canopy ?

We have been using the Costco canopies for several years. They are made of
a cheaper plastic in China. We no longer replace the roofs with the
original Chinese plastic, but have merely left the old roof material in
place and just placed a piece of white tarp over the existing plastic roof
material, ending up with two layers: the old plastic material on the
bottom, and the new white roof tarp material on the top.

We tie down the white tarp using the heavier nylon cord (from Home Depot),
leaving the ends of the tarp "puckered" enough at the peak of the roof to
let the air travel between the white tarp and the underlying old tan roof
material (if the white tarp material is too tight, condensation may occur).

When you use the new white tarp, the canopy is cooler beneath because the
sun is reflected better, and when the roof needs replacing (which is at
less frequent intervals), you can just remove the white tarp and replace
it by buying it locally, bypassing the pain-in-the-neck outfit in Southern
California that Costco uses. As for the sides, you still have to go
through the Chinese importer, but I don't have the phone number. I
remember that the last time I required new side panels, I called Costco in
Kirkland, Washington. Sorry that I don't have the phone number at hand.

Good luck!

Barry

P.S. You should attach the "feet" of the steel framework to a wooden
"foundation" on the ground to prevent splaying of the canopy legs. I used
pressure-treated 2x6 lumber, attached with flat steel reinforcement pieces
shaped like the letter T and letter I. These were screwed into the wood,
resulting in a fairly solid framework, with cross-pieces at the end and in
the middle. I then added some building blocks to weigh down the wooden
framework so the wind wouldn't blow it away. The canopy has never budged,
even after ten years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

scott wrote:

[...]

I had the opposite problem with a 10 X 10 E-Z UP commercial grade pop-up
canopy. My top was fine, but the frame got wrecked in a storm. The parts
to repair the frame would have cost more than a whole new canopy and I
didn't want to spend almost $250 on a new canopy.

I took a shot on Craigslist and found someone selling a frame for $50. It
seems that they accidentally threw out the top when they were moving. When
I got there I found out that they were throwing in 4 side panels with
the frame. The panels alone cost almost $150 new.

$50 for a frame and 4 walls...Sweet!
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Scott Sherratt, Thom wrote:
Costco.com has them for $59.00

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...nt-256754-.htm

Flat Roof Replacement Uno Hoo! UK diy 12 December 1st 05 10:55 PM
new roof, min temperature to allow replacement this_is_so_over_done Home Repair 2 November 14th 05 08:03 PM
Roof Replacement Est CA? [email protected] Home Repair 11 September 5th 05 04:23 AM
Roof replacement miamicuse Home Repair 7 July 23rd 05 09:39 PM
flat roof needs replacement Vincenzo UK diy 9 January 7th 05 07:46 PM