Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,rec.photo.digital,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling

Default PHOTOS FROM INSIDE IRAN

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 18:43:22 GMT, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

"Pan Ohco" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:20:18 GMT, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

Paul are you saying that Trijcomm is misquoting the Koran?

The word here is context. You can quote the Bible all day long and get it
wrong. Same with the Kuran. Neither of us are religious scholars and I for
one would love to hear from one regarding those alleged passages.
Especially I would like to hear from an Arabic speaking scholar who speaks
fluent English. The right wing has flaunted those passages whenever it
needs a boogey man. Its always the same passages, and I want to know who is
saying what to whom in those passages. For all we know it may be a fable
being recounted and not a directive to kill Jews.

Context is the key.

Paul

Here is another quote "there is none so blind as those who will not
see" I know, that it is out of context.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,rec.photo.digital,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling

On Sep 19, 6:08 pm, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 19, 1:43 pm, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"Pan Ohco" wrote in message

.. .

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:20:18 GMT, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

"trijcomm" wrote in message
roups.com...
On Sep 19, 12:53 am, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
Thank you for posting that excerpt from one of many hard right
websites.
If
Rush Limbaugh says that Iran wants to destroy Israel, who are we

argue?

Paul

I notice you did not cite what website you are talking about.

That's your job. It's your source. But hat you posted is common

fodder
in
all of them.

Paul

Paul are you saying that Trijcomm is misquoting the Koran?

The word here is context. You can quote the Bible all day long and get

it
wrong. Same with the Kuran. Neither of us are religious scholars and I

for
one would love to hear from one regarding those alleged passages.
Especially I would like to hear from an Arabic speaking scholar who

speaks
fluent English. The right wing has flaunted those passages whenever it
needs a boogey man. Its always the same passages, and I want to know

who is
saying what to whom in those passages. For all we know it may be a

fable
being recounted and not a directive to kill Jews.

Context is the key.

Paul- Hide quoted text -

You asked for the quotes, you got the quotes. Now for some reason you
are calling them "boogeyman" quotes that folks point to. Hmm ... do
you think that it just may be possible that the Jew haters use these
quotes to justify their despising of the Jews? Naw, not possible
because it doesn't fit in with your fantasy.

You're probably a Jew hater for all I know. Anti-Semitism is quite strong
in right-wing fundamentalist Christians who believe their ticket to heaven
is a war waged by the Jews in the Middle East. Seems pretty self-serving to
me. So Iran gets attacked, Israel jumps in, Syria and Saudi Arabia join in,
China and Russia can't sit it out, Pakistan is taken over by radicals who
unleash the nukes - we get Armageddon and you get raptured.

What's your beef?

BTW, do you have a nice car? If so, leave the keys in it when you go will
ya?

Paul- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, and you're probably a right-wing Christian fundamentalist in
real life. You remind me of the idiomatic expression, "Never argue
with a fool, because he will drag you down to his level and beat you
with experieince."

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,rec.photo.digital,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling

In rec.sport.football.college Paul M. Cook sanoi, hitaasti kuin hämähäkki:

"trijcomm" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Sep 18, 3:08 pm, "Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote

Forgetting the polital motives of this post, I must say that I

was quite
surprised at those images, isn't it funny how you get an

impression in
your
mind of what a place is like after watching years of TV. That

was nothing

like how I thought Iran would look, especially the snow.

If you have DTV, try watching "Bridge to Iran" on Link.
It's the crazy leaders that need to go.
Correct. But that problem certainly is not limited to Iran.
Allen

In Teheran, there were candlelight vigils after 9-11[1].
The Iranian populace is largely pro-Western and secular,
the extremist Islamic revolution (largely due to the
Shah's corruption) notwithstanding.

Our foreign policy regarding Iran is counterproductive.
You want a foothold for democracy in the Middle East?
Try diplomacy with a potentially friendly country, not
war in a hornet nest.

Idots.

1. Even though we shot down a civilian Airbus flight
and tried to cover it up[2].

2. Somebody invade Washington, D.C.

--Tedward

I think it's pretty clear America is a rogue nation. All you have to
do is listen to their leader. To say that most of the American

populace
is not conservative pro-lifers is simply wishful thinking. If that

were
the case, they would not have elected that lunatic as their president.

IFYPFY.

I mean, it's simply impossible the conservative got elected because
the liberal was *too* liberal.

--Tedward- Hide quoted text -

Umm, you don't mean to say that Iranian politics is like American
politics where somebody votes for somebody else because of taxes or
school busing, do you? We are talking about institutionalized
religious hate that is bound and determined to wipe out another
religion by force. That is hardly a "liberal vs. conservative"
political argument.

In this country it most surely is and I mean that quite seriously.
Republican run on hate to win elections. "Vote for me and I'll ban gay
marriage!" That was their platform in the last election. Last I looked
marriage was in a lot of trouble but probably due more to the selfishness of
most people and their unbridled personal ambitions and narcissism than
anything coming from the gay quarter. And let's not forget what the likes
of Falwell, Robertson et al had to say about 9-11 and Hurricane Katrina.
Now that is hate.

I'll repeat, Iran does not hate Jews. Iran hates Israel and Israel's
genocidal policies toward the Palestinians. It is not a religious thing at
all. Israel just happens to be full of Jews. They hate the US too,
politically, but that is not because we are Jews or Christians it is because
we support what they see as an immoral and destructive country bent on
exterminating an entire ethnic Arab nation.

Interestingly, Iran has not launched the same hatred against Arab
countries who actually treat their Arab population far worse than
Israel treats either its Arab citizens or the Arab territorial
Palestinians.

You need to take this lame bate somewhere else. Compared to any
country in its near neighborhood, Israel is a paragon of moral
virtue. Actually, probably compared to any country in the world.

The US wasn't sending Arab suspects to Israel for them to be tortured,
but to Syria and Egypt.

You are clearly a moran. Oh, and I LIKE Iran.

rich
--
-to reply, it's hot not warm
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,rec.photo.digital,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling

"trijcomm" wrote in message
[...]

Your opinion.

The US wasn't sending Arab suspects to Israel for them to be tortured,
but to Syria and Egypt.

Bless our hearts.

You are clearly a moran. Oh, and I LIKE Iran.

A moran? What's a moran?

What you are saying is absolute crap. It's all or nothing with you. Level
one criticism, a fully valid one, and next thing a person is a Jew hater.
Israelis record with the Palestinians is fully recorded. They slaughter
them, they violate international law with impunity and they break every
promise they have ever made regarding the Palestinians.

Want some moral virtue?

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/ussliberty.html

Israel's hands are covered in blood and your moral relativism doesn't make
them any cleaner. That is the same excuse about the Iraq war - we may be
doing something bad but they must have been so much worse. And calling them
on their own actions, including the Lebanon shelling last year, does not
make me a Jew hater. I've got no reason to hate. I don't practice a
religious superstition that demands I hate. I can look at a situation and
see it for what it is. To me it would;t matter if Israel was populated by
space alien worshippers, I'd have the same criticisms.

They are judged by what they do and sometimes what they do is an atrocity
and the US has blocked EVERY UN resolution meant to sanction Israel for
their illegal actions. And that is one reason why WE are hated over there.

Paul