Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to make an anti-seagull device

This lady asked me to copy these anti-seagull things they have on the
light standards downtown and in all the big parking lots here. These
things sit on top of the lights and to me, they look like they're made
of some kind of wire or tubing. There are five or six thin branches
that come out from a center point and go upwards like an open crown.

Anyway, it's not supposed to hurt the birds. Birds can't land. Lady
wants one for her new security light pole/camera in front yard of
house.

Anyone know what they're called or what they're made of?

Thanks.

Gene

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gene Duprés wrote:
This lady asked me to copy these anti-seagull things they have on the
light standards downtown and in all the big parking lots here. These
things sit on top of the lights and to me, they look like they're made
of some kind of wire or tubing. There are five or six thin branches
that come out from a center point and go upwards like an open crown.

Anyway, it's not supposed to hurt the birds. Birds can't land. Lady
wants one for her new security light pole/camera in front yard of
house.

Anyone know what they're called or what they're made of?

Thanks.

Gene

My upstairs neighbor had a fake owl to keep gulls away, although she had
a bird feeder that attacted birds and rats. The owl fell off for the
umpteenth time, so I threw it in the trash. The owl trick doesn't work.

The general idea is to span the area with wire - they won't land on wire.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Gene Duprés wrote:
This lady asked me to copy these anti-seagull things they have on the
light standards downtown and in all the big parking lots here. These
things sit on top of the lights and to me, they look like they're made
of some kind of wire or tubing. There are five or six thin branches
that come out from a center point and go upwards like an open crown.

Anyway, it's not supposed to hurt the birds. Birds can't land. Lady
wants one for her new security light pole/camera in front yard of
house.

Anyone know what they're called or what they're made of?

Look for "pigeon deterrent spikes" or similar...

Posted to alt.home.repair

nixalite