Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator help!

I just moved into my first apartment and I realized the refrigerator
opens into the stove! I know you can change the hinges, but I must be
an idiot or something because I don't know where to start. Could
someone give me some help?

Thank you,
Samantha

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 29, 6:33 pm, wrote:
I just moved into my first apartment and I realized the refrigerator
opens into the stove! I know you can change the hinges, but I must be
an idiot or something because I don't know where to start. Could
someone give me some help?

Thank you,
Samantha

Many more modern fridges you can although the existing screws have
possibly been in there since fridge was made and my be 'tight' to get
out. Not so sure about old timer fridges!
First suggestion; can you see any threaded holes on the other side of
the fridge frame to take the hinges if/when the door is changed over?
Second; what kind of screws hold the existing hinges to the frame of
the fridge; they are possibly on top (for the top hinge anyway), under
a small snap-on plastic cover. However fridges vary greatly and the
hinge screws could be inside the door on the flat edge of the fridge
compartment. Depends on the fridge!
Thirdly; make sure you have the right kind of screwdriver or wrench in
good condition or borrow one of the right kind.
What about the handle on the door/s does it have to change over as
well? Does the door have be reconfigured inside (or turned upside
down) to fit and swing the the other way?
Is there one door on the fridge or two? One for the fridge section and
one for a freezer section? If it's a two door there may be combined
hinge in the middle (sort of) for both doors!
Is changing the fridge door to swing other way your only option?
Sorry; not much help but we can't see your fridge from here.
If you get help suggest someone who is highly practical and has a good
tool box. i.e. a handy-person!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Most refrigerator doors consist of a insulated outer shell
with inner door liner The door gasket being held between
the two by screws.
Plastic trim with plastic pop off covers usually covers the
alternate hinge locations. These plastic covers are then put
back into the old hinge location pockets to restore the finish

oups.com...

Refrigerator Q Lou Home Repair 3 March 14th 07 06:19 PM
Refrigerator help [email protected] Home Repair 2 April 19th 06 08:47 PM
Help with Refrigerator Pat Home Repair 5 August 3rd 05 02:27 AM
New refrigerator cat rancher Home Repair 21 July 13th 05 09:29 PM
sub zero 550 refrigerator ryan Home Repair 3 July 27th 04 12:11 AM