Pat

Default Help with Refrigerator

Appliance Repair Aid

Pat wrote:
I have a Whilpool 19 cubic ft top freezer
refigerator. Model # EHT201VKNR7
s/n: 553714788.

Friday had to move fridge kitchen for installation of tile. Fridge part
and freezer was working fine. Moved it into dining room and plugged it
in, still everthing worked. It was moved back last night still working
fine last night.

It is running and seems to be blowing cold air in freezer and fridge
part. But not getting cold enough to keep things cold or freeze
anything.

I know this is not a new unit. But up till this moring never had trouble
with it. Probably about 15 years old.
It seems to be making a funny large drip noise every once in a while.
All the dust and dirt is always cleaned off the coils. It is clean now.

Question : Could something have come loose when moving it back to
kitchen.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Pat

Hi,

Question : Could something have come loose when moving it back to
kitchen.

Sure.
Might want to check the condensor fan motor ( beside the compressor )
as this might have been bumped during the move and the fan motor is
jammed up.

It seems to be making a funny large drip noise every once in a while.

Hopefully the compressor is not clicking on and off!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Pat

Pat

Appliance Repair Aid

Pat wrote:
Thanks, I got it repaired today. The guy said he didn't think the move
had anything to do with it. He replaced the the Relay over load and chp
(or cup) assy. couldn't read his writing. The noise I heard was the
compressor trying to turn on.
Running cool now. Cost me $198 probably all labor. But better than
buying a new one. He said most of the ones he fixes these days are less
than 5 years old. Mine is over 15 years
old.

Thanks agian.

Pat

Hi,

Thankx for the update!

He replaced the the Relay over load and chp
(or cup) assy. couldn't read his writing.

Relay, overload and possibly the cap ( capacitor ).

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Stormin Mormon

I'm too cheap. I got $130 for the last overload I replaced.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

----