Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Refrigerator help!

wrote:
I just moved into my first apartment and I realized the refrigerator
opens into the stove! I know you can change the hinges, but I must be
an idiot or something because I don't know where to start. Could
someone give me some help?

The hinges are screwed into the case on the top for the freezer and the
very bottom front for the bottom of the main door (assuming freezer on
top). If side by side, they're top and bottom no intermediate,
obviously. Take the top one off, lift the door pin from the bottom,
then the other can be unmounted. Repeat.

Turn the door over, there will be holes w/ plastic plugs in the
appropriate places. Remove those, put in other now unused holes and
mount the hinge plates.

The handles will also have some cover caps that hide the screws and
there will be covers over the new mounting locations for them as well.

Most (all?) come w/ instructions as new and would think there would be
info on the manufacturer's web site if relatively recent vintage.