Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Price Pfister Phaucet Question

On Aug 26, 11:16 am, "SteveB" wrote:
I have a new kitchen faucet by Price Pfister. A Bacharach model, IIRC. It
has one lever, left and right, up and down to adjust the temp and flow.

My problem is that when it is used at a slow water flow rate, the weight of
the handle causes the handle to drop and shuts off the water. I just pulled
the setscrew and handle, and I cannot see any adjustment on there. Just a
large nut down inside a collar that would be hard to grasp.

I threw away the directions. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Steve

I made the mistake of buying a P-F set like that some time ago. It
was hassle to install, got funky inside of a year, never made it to
the second year because the cheap brass alloy rotted out and leaked.
Replaced it with Kohler, no leaks, no adjustments needed, stout and
reliable. My advice, don't waste your time on the turkey.
Fundamentally, single control designs are far less robust then the
conventional two handle types. Get any other brand like Kohler, Delta,
Moen, whatever, and remember that $ spent on cute come from $ spent on
longevity. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:
I have a new kitchen faucet by Price Pfister. A Bacharach model, IIRC. It
has one lever, left and right, up and down to adjust the temp and flow.

My problem is that when it is used at a slow water flow rate, the weight of
the handle causes the handle to drop and shuts off the water. I just pulled
the setscrew and handle, and I cannot see any adjustment on there. Just a
large nut down inside a collar that would be hard to grasp.

I threw away the directions. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Steve

A visit to the FAQ at Price Pfister's website, always a good place to
start, says that the fix for a drooping handle is to replace the
cartridge. They should send you a replacement cartridge under warranty
if you ask them -- the one time I asked they sent me one with no
questions asked beyond "what is the model" and "what address should we
send it to". Replacing the cartridge in one of these should take all of
five minutes if you don't stop for a coffee break along the way.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote in message
I have a new kitchen faucet by Price Pfister. A Bacharach model, IIRC. It
has one lever, left and right, up and down to adjust the temp and flow.

My problem is that when it is used at a slow water flow rate, the weight
of the handle causes the handle to drop and shuts off the water. I just
pulled the setscrew and handle, and I cannot see any adjustment on there.
Just a large nut down inside a collar that would be hard to grasp.

I threw away the directions. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Steve

Remove & Replace!

I made the mistake of spending 140 bucks on a price pucker phaucet. Boy,
did I get hosed! Mine flowed so slow, it'd take like 10 minutes to fill a
pitcher of water. I called and bitched, talked to some gal who spoke broken
English so badly that I could not understand most of what she said. They
sent some new parts and stuff for it, but I didn't even bother. I pulled
that phunky piece of pfister **** out and replaced it with a quality faucet.
I suggest you do the same!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"J.A. Michel" wrote

[...]

==
Same experience with PF here. The sprayer handle broke within a year.
The soap dispenser broke within 2.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joe wrote in
ups.com:

Put one of these Kohler's in http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=62odsa0

Delta,
Moen, whatever, and remember that $ spent on cute come from $ spent on
longevity. HTH

Spent almost $300 bucks on it...worth every dime so far.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Aug 26, 11:44 pm, Al Bundy wrote:
Joe wrote roups.com:

[...]

Joe- Hide quoted text -

Suggest you get the cartridge from PF and as some one who has been in
the trade for a few years 1 the parts are avaible at the store you
bought it at 2 Well kohler is good try and find a store with the
parts. 3 If this is brand new it will do this for a week or two then
the promblem will go away as the cartridge lube will settle in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jim" wrote

Suggest you get the cartridge from PF and as some one who has been in
the trade for a few years 1 the parts are avaible at the store you
bought it at 2 Well kohler is good try and find a store with the
parts. 3 If this is brand new it will do this for a week or two then
the promblem will go away as the cartridge lube will settle in.

The same one at the cabin is year old now, and it still does it.

Steve

Pfister Phaucet The Ranger Home Repair 3 May 12th 07 09:07 PM
Price Pfister parts nospambob Home Repair 4 April 3rd 05 12:51 AM
I Hate Price-Pfister john hawkins Home Repair 10 March 7th 05 02:33 PM
Price Pfister Clark Griswold Home Repair 5 February 11th 05 10:45 PM
Price Pfister to Pegasus - Can I Do It? Chris Home Repair 4 January 19th 05 06:58 PM