Old March 5th 05, 03:12 AM
john hawkins

Default I Hate Price-Pfister

I bought a price pfister two handle kitchen faucet to please the better
half. I saw that Lowes did not sell parts which gave me concern but
anyway.... I bought it.
Now 9 months later it drips. I bought a new ceramic cartridge (not Lowes)
and installed it. it still drips. Went back to parts supplier. after only
a little cringing and whining, he gave me another one. I checked the seat
area and it appears smooth and flat. Installed the second cartridge. It
STILL drips.

Called a several plumbers, all but one said they don't touch price pfister
"they're junk". Scheduled visit form the one shop who said they'd fix it.
The plumber obviously had never seen a ceramic cartridge. after some playing
around he BROKE the ceramic disk. He left. Fortunately, I still have my
previous replacement. put it in and of course it still drips.

any advice gratefully accepted. I'll look on the group for an answer.

Old March 5th 05, 03:31 AM
Kim

Its a pretty good company with good products, too bad you had so much
trouble. Give them a toll free call, parts are under warranty but you pay
only for shipping.

ink.net...

Old March 5th 05, 03:39 AM
Dennis Turner

On 3/4/2005 9:12 PM or thereabouts, john hawkins appears, somewhat
unbelievably, to have opined:
[...]

Call them 1-800-PFAUCET

They will make it right under their "Pforever" Warranty program.

--
I sent ten puns to all my friends hoping that at least one
would make them laugh.
Old March 5th 05, 06:34 AM
xrongor

ive read that if you want a good faucet, get a metal one with the name
embossed (not printed) on it. they dont do that to their cheap models.

randy

Old March 5th 05, 04:22 PM
John B

These pfunny pfaucets have earned only my contempt. I must admit my
knowledge of them is probably out-dated. I became a Moen fan decades ago.
So you get to test the PP warranty.

I put Kwik-set locks and Price Pfister in the same category. Bright
marketing and dim value. I put Schlage locks and Moen fixtures in the
opposite category; no marketing but solid value. Not the most expensive,
for sure. But solid, long-term value.

"john hawkins" wrote
any advice gratefully accepted. I'll look on the group for an answer.

Old March 5th 05, 07:44 PM
Clark Griswold

"John B" wrote in message
These pfunny pfaucets have earned only my contempt. I must admit my
knowledge of them is probably out-dated. I became a Moen fan decades ago.
So you get to test the PP warranty.

I put Kwik-set locks and Price Pfister in the same category. Bright
marketing and dim value. I put Schlage locks and Moen fixtures in the
opposite category; no marketing but solid value. Not the most expensive,
for sure. But solid, long-term value.

"john hawkins" wrote
any advice gratefully accepted. I'll look on the group for an answer.

Kwik-set, Price Pfister and Black and Decker are all the same company. I
ordered replacement parts from Price Pfister a few weeks ago and when it
came the packing list contained all three names.

Old March 6th 05, 01:02 AM
Philip Lewis

"Kim" writes:
Its a pretty good company with good products, too bad you had so much
trouble. Give them a toll free call, parts are under warranty but you pay
only for shipping.

I had an in sink soap bottle break on ours a couple years ago.
(the plastic thread section was improperly glued/fused to the
bottle.) When i called them, they sent two replacement bottles, no
charge.

The pfaucet has worked fine for several years now... no drips or
problems.

Give them a call or cisit their website. http://www.pricepfister.com

--
Good luck and be safe.
flip

Old March 6th 05, 01:25 AM
John McGaw

john hawkins wrote:
[...]

You _BOUGHT_? a new cartridge? Why didn't you just ask PF for a free
replacement. The faucet is guaranteed and in my experience they will
send you any replacement parts you ask for with no/few questions asked.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old March 6th 05, 01:25 AM
Steve Manes

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 03:12:01 GMT, "john hawkins"
wrote:

I bought a price pfister two handle kitchen faucet to please the better
half. I saw that Lowes did not sell parts which gave me concern but
anyway.... I bought it.

Yeah, my girlfriend's brother-in-law is a master plumber and hates
Price-Pfister too. He doesn't care much for Delta either. He was
trying to steer me to Grohe for my kitchen but, damn, those things are
serious $$.

Steve Manes
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.magpie.com/house/bbs
Old March 7th 05, 02:03 PM
John B

THAT is remarkable. I didn't know this.

"Clark Griswold" wrote in message
"John B" wrote in message
These pfunny pfaucets have earned only my contempt. I must admit my
knowledge of them is probably out-dated. I became a Moen fan decades

ago.
So you get to test the PP warranty.

I put Kwik-set locks and Price Pfister in the same category. Bright
marketing and dim value. I put Schlage locks and Moen fixtures in the
opposite category; no marketing but solid value. Not the most

expensive,
for sure. But solid, long-term value.

Kwik-set, Price Pfister and Black and Decker are all the same company. I
ordered replacement parts from Price Pfister a few weeks ago and when it
came the packing list contained all three names.

Price Check? [email protected] Metalworking 3 March 1st 05 08:16 PM
Design Cad 3D Max price doubled Bob Woodworking 32 September 30th 04 10:39 PM
Red Oak 1/2 price at Rockler until October 3rd Joe Wilding Woodworking 13 September 13th 04 06:10 PM
OT-John Kerry Gunner Metalworking 137 February 11th 04 07:38 PM
Reasonable price for a replacement CH boiler? Hugo Nebula UK diy 18 November 20th 03 08:01 PM