Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Wagner Power Sprayers - can it handle a small ceiling?

Can the Wagner Power Sprayers handle painting a ceiling?
I have an exposed outdoor patio overhang that needs painting and while I'm
at it doing the shingles I was hoping that a power sprayer could be used on
the ceiling (nothing more than painted external plywood).

Thanks.
Walter

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Aug 25, 8:10 am, "Walter Cohen" wrote:
Can the Wagner Power Sprayers handle painting a ceiling?
I have an exposed outdoor patio overhang that needs painting and while I'm
at it doing the shingles I was hoping that a power sprayer could be used on
the ceiling (nothing more than painted external plywood).

Thanks.
Walter

Why not roll it, wagners are messy with overspray

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Walter Cohen" wrote in message
Can the Wagner Power Sprayers handle painting a ceiling?
I have an exposed outdoor patio overhang that needs painting and while I'm
at it doing the shingles I was hoping that a power sprayer could be used
on the ceiling (nothing more than painted external plywood).

Thanks.
Walter

As someone else said, use a roller. Sprayers are wonderful for odd-textured
surfaces like shutters, wrought iron, etc. but the overspray they generate
negates any time savings because what time you save in painting is spent in
masking the area. If it's a small ceiling, get a roller.

Plus there's the other issue of aim & suction. If the thing is pointed
straight up, the suction tube inside the bottle is sucking air, unless you
buy the paint can attachment (long hoses that connect directly to the paint
can, which you carry with you)

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Walter Cohen" wrote in message
Can the Wagner Power Sprayers handle painting a ceiling?
I have an exposed outdoor patio overhang that needs painting and while I'm
at it doing the shingles I was hoping that a power sprayer could be used
on the ceiling (nothing more than painted external plywood).

Wagner spray guns are the worst piece of crap ever foisted off on the
unsuspecting public. Save your money.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Aug 25, 12:07 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Walter Cohen" wrote in message

Can the Wagner Power Sprayers handle painting a ceiling?
I have an exposed outdoor patio overhang that needs painting and while I'm
at it doing the shingles I was hoping that a power sprayer could be used
on the ceiling (nothing more than painted external plywood).

Wagner spray guns are the worst piece of crap ever foisted off on the
unsuspecting public. Save your money.

If you mean a cup gun, or buzz gun, forget it, get a 1 1/4 " roller
and a 5 gallon bucket and screen, it will go 10 times faster

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Walter Cohen wrote:
Can the Wagner Power Sprayers handle painting a ceiling?
I have an exposed outdoor patio overhang that needs painting and
while I'm at it doing the shingles I was hoping that a power
sprayer could be used on the ceiling (nothing more than painted
external plywood).

Yes, you could paint the ceiling with it. I'm assuming you mean the
ones with an integral paint container...if that is the case you'll
have to get a Wagner accessory that is bendable so the cup can remain
level. It screws in where the nozzle normally is and the nozzle
screws into it.

As others have said, a roller is going to be faster. No or easy
cleanup too.

The Wagner sprayer I have now was the cheapest I could get when I
bought it 20+ years ago. It has always performed decently. I bought
it to paint louvered doors and *believe* me, it is far better at doing
that than is a brush. I use it for other things too if there is
enough to do to make the PITA cleanup worthwhile.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Thanks. Perhaps I will just use a roller for the small ceiling (dimensions
are about 11' x 11')
I'd prefer to buy/use a Wagner sprayer for the house shingles instead of a
brush.

Walter
"dadiOH" wrote in message
Walter Cohen wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:10:56 -0400, "Walter Cohen"
wrote:

Can the Wagner Power Sprayers handle painting a ceiling?
I have an exposed outdoor patio overhang that needs painting and while I'm
at it doing the shingles I was hoping that a power sprayer could be used on
the ceiling (nothing more than painted external plywood).

I have a vague recollection that they sell a nozzle that will point up
when the sprayer is in the normal position. But it might have been a
dream. You should have watched the dream I had last night.

But rolling sounds good too. I used the roller with the paint in the
handle, and I liked it. Read the directions.

Thanks.
Walter