Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Bob M. Bob M. is offline

Default Wagner Power Sprayers - can it handle a small ceiling?

"Walter Cohen" wrote in message
Can the Wagner Power Sprayers handle painting a ceiling?
I have an exposed outdoor patio overhang that needs painting and while I'm
at it doing the shingles I was hoping that a power sprayer could be used
on the ceiling (nothing more than painted external plywood).

Thanks.
Walter

As someone else said, use a roller. Sprayers are wonderful for odd-textured
surfaces like shutters, wrought iron, etc. but the overspray they generate
negates any time savings because what time you save in painting is spent in
masking the area. If it's a small ceiling, get a roller.

Plus there's the other issue of aim & suction. If the thing is pointed
straight up, the suction tube inside the bottle is sucking air, unless you
buy the paint can attachment (long hoses that connect directly to the paint
can, which you carry with you)