Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet not functioning

I have a American Standard toilet. (Cadet Model). I have had
problems for the last two years. I have done the following:
#1. I have rented a heavy duty snake from home depot and scraped the
sewer line both directions.
#2. I have replaced the inside components of the toilet bowl.
#3. I have made multiple adjustments to the float and lever action
parts
#4, I purchased a complet toilet tank and it came with factory
installed insides
#5. I have taken the toilet out and inspected the bottom for
obstructions.
#6. I have used a sewer snake from this end on the sewer
#7. I have used a hanger point to poke any and all of the holes that
provide water to the bowl
#8. I finally used muric acid to clear the bowl's inlet holes

Nothing works.
I have called the American Standard and the personnel don't help
either.

The only thing that works is the use of a big plastic glass full of
water and poured in during the flushing process.

This to me is perplexing.
Has anyone experienced this?

I'm due to replace this toilet and use the old toilet for target
practice

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 19, 10:38 am, Bernardo Gui wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 10:24:01 -0700, wrote:
{A great tale of woe with regards to his American Standard Cadet toilet}

The main advice you'll receive here is to buy a more expensive toilet.
The one thing missing from your list of what you did is: 'Call a good
plumber'. I'm a dedicated DIY project man, but I am not a licensed
plumber.

A man's GOT to know his limitations...

Bernardo

Is it a water saving and low flushing one? Can you adjust the water
level inside the tank?

Ken

Opportunities are never lost. The other fellow takes those you miss.

| Torrey Hills Technologies, LLC |
| www.threerollmill.com |
| www.torreyhillstech.com |

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 19, 11:53 am, Torrey Hills wrote:
On Aug 19, 10:38 am, Bernardo Gui wrote:

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 10:24:01 -0700, wrote:
{A great tale of woe with regards to his American Standard Cadet toilet}

The main advice you'll receive here is to buy a more expensive toilet.
The one thing missing from your list of what you did is: 'Call a good
plumber'. I'm a dedicated DIY project man, but I am not a licensed
plumber.

A man's GOT to know his limitations...

Bernardo

Is it a water saving and low flushing one? Can you adjust the water
level inside the tank?

Ken

Opportunities are never lost. The other fellow takes those you miss.

| Torrey Hills Technologies, LLC |
|www.threerollmill.com |
|www.torreyhillstech.com |

Yes, and I have adjusted the water level. I purchased a new tank and
used the factory installed level as well. Changed the water lid/trap
and watched patiently for correct operation

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

#1. I have rented a heavy duty snake from home depot and scraped the
sewer line both directions.
#2. I have replaced the inside components of the toilet bowl.
#3. I have made multiple adjustments to the float and lever action
parts
#4, I purchased a complet toilet tank and it came with factory
installed insides
#5. I have taken the toilet out and inspected the bottom for
obstructions.
#6. I have used a sewer snake from this end on the sewer
#7. I have used a hanger point to poke any and all of the holes that
provide water to the bowl
#8. I finally used muric acid to clear the bowl's inlet holes

Nothing works.
I have called the American Standard and the personnel don't help
either.

The only thing that works is the use of a big plastic glass full of
water and poured in during the flushing process.

This to me is perplexing.
Has anyone experienced this?

I'm due to replace this toilet and use the old toilet for target
practice

Have you checked the plumbing system for a clogged roof vent? A toilet
by its nature dumps a lot of volume all at once and needs unobstructed
air flow to compensate for the water down the the sewer. One of the
things a plumber would look for, maybe.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

#1. I have rented a heavy duty snake from home depot and scraped the
sewer line both directions.
#2. I have replaced the inside components of the toilet bowl.
#3. I have made multiple adjustments to the float and lever action
parts
#4, I purchased a complet toilet tank and it came with factory
installed insides
#5. I have taken the toilet out and inspected the bottom for
obstructions.
#6. I have used a sewer snake from this end on the sewer
#7. I have used a hanger point to poke any and all of the holes that
provide water to the bowl
#8. I finally used muric acid to clear the bowl's inlet holes

Nothing works.
I have called the American Standard and the personnel don't help
either.

The only thing that works is the use of a big plastic glass full of
water and poured in during the flushing process.

This to me is perplexing.
Has anyone experienced this?

I'm due to replace this toilet and use the old toilet for target
practice

Have you checked the plumbing system for a clogged roof vent? A toilet
by its nature dumps a lot of volume all at once and needs unobstructed
air flow to compensate for the water down the the sewer. One of the
things a plumber would look for, maybe.

Joe- Hide quoted text -

Hey! I did think about the possibility of vacuum in the toilet tank. I
however didn't run a small snake on the vent which as you speak of now
is a possiblity. There is some interaction with this vent and proper
use of this plumging system

thank

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

You are shooting all over the place instead of narrowing down the problem.
- Did the toilet work before, and when did it stop flushing properly.
- Do other toilets in the house have the same problem or do they work
correctly.
- The tank may have nothing to do with it or it may be the problem. How full
is it before the flush, up to the full mark?
- Will the toilet flush normally by quickly pouring a bucket of water in the
bowl?
- If it does not, the problem is in the toilet itself, not the tank, or the
plumbing pipes.
- If the toilet doesn't have something stuck in it, and the pipes are snaked
clean, possibly the vent is the problem - this is in your walls not in the
tank.
- If it does flush properly with a pail, then the problem is getting a full
tank of water quickly into the bowl.

You need to slow down and analyze what is happening to determine if it is
the pipes, the toilet bowl or the toilet tank -- it will be one of these, so
eliminate one thing at a time.

ups.com...
#1. I have rented a heavy duty snake from home depot and scraped the
sewer line both directions.
#2. I have replaced the inside components of the toilet bowl.
#3. I have made multiple adjustments to the float and lever action
parts
#4, I purchased a complet toilet tank and it came with factory
installed insides
#5. I have taken the toilet out and inspected the bottom for
obstructions.
#6. I have used a sewer snake from this end on the sewer
#7. I have used a hanger point to poke any and all of the holes that
provide water to the bowl
#8. I finally used muric acid to clear the bowl's inlet holes

Nothing works.

#1. I have rented a heavy duty snake from home depot and scraped the
sewer line both directions.
#2. I have replaced the inside components of the toilet bowl.
#3. I have made multiple adjustments to the float and lever action
parts
#4, I purchased a complet toilet tank and it came with factory
installed insides
#5. I have taken the toilet out and inspected the bottom for
obstructions.
#6. I have used a sewer snake from this end on the sewer
#7. I have used a hanger point to poke any and all of the holes that
provide water to the bowl
#8. I finally used muric acid to clear the bowl's inlet holes

Nothing works.
I have called the American Standard and the personnel don't help
either.

The only thing that works is the use of a big plastic glass full of
water and poured in during the flushing process.

This to me is perplexing.
Has anyone experienced this?

I'm due to replace this toilet and use the old toilet for target
practice- Hide quoted text -

As a plumber follow the last post If all this fails buy a new toilet
or take this one back as it is possible the bowl is not formed right .
This has happened to me.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:38:26 -0400, Bernardo Gui
wrote:

A man's GOT to know his limitations...

HOw about if you learn my limitations and I learn yours.

I don't really want to know my own limitations.

Bernardo

GFI receptacle not functioning? [email protected] Home Repair 8 April 18th 07 02:39 PM
C/H Pump not functioning Jimjc UK diy 4 February 23rd 07 01:17 PM
Furnace not functioning properly [email protected] Home Repair 3 October 21st 06 08:43 PM
How to verify the correct functioning of a varible speed air handler [email protected] Home Repair 0 January 13th 05 07:25 PM
Replace Functioning Water Heater? Mark Jerde Home Repair 25 January 21st 04 09:17 PM