Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Toilet not functioning

On Aug 19, 12:24 pm, wrote:
I have a American Standard toilet. (Cadet Model). I have had
problems for the last two years. I have done the following:
#1. I have rented a heavy duty snake from home depot and scraped the
sewer line both directions.
#2. I have replaced the inside components of the toilet bowl.
#3. I have made multiple adjustments to the float and lever action
parts
#4, I purchased a complet toilet tank and it came with factory
installed insides
#5. I have taken the toilet out and inspected the bottom for
obstructions.
#6. I have used a sewer snake from this end on the sewer
#7. I have used a hanger point to poke any and all of the holes that
provide water to the bowl
#8. I finally used muric acid to clear the bowl's inlet holes

Nothing works.
I have called the American Standard and the personnel don't help
either.

The only thing that works is the use of a big plastic glass full of
water and poured in during the flushing process.

This to me is perplexing.
Has anyone experienced this?

I'm due to replace this toilet and use the old toilet for target
practice

Have you checked the plumbing system for a clogged roof vent? A toilet
by its nature dumps a lot of volume all at once and needs unobstructed
air flow to compensate for the water down the the sewer. One of the
things a plumber would look for, maybe.

Joe