Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cooling a Hot Room

I made a posting sometime back to let some you know about product that
has really help me keep my living room cooler in this very hot summer
we are having. I have confirmed that the unit has some impact on my
cost of cooling. I recieved my electric bill this month and it is
about $35 dollors less then my previous bill before I bought the
AirFlow Breeze. I believe it really works. I have not had to adjust
my thermostat each evening before going to bed. The Breeze has
allowed me to balance my living room with the rest of the house.

FYI I first saw this product in an Ace Hardware Store in Mesa, Arizona

I will let everyone know what happens with my Aug bill, it is very hot
this month too.

The link is www.aftproducts.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 14, 7:50 am, Vic Dura wrote:
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:44:45 -0700, wrote Re
Cooling a Hot Room:

I made a posting sometime back to let some you know about product that
has really help me keep my living room cooler in this very hot summer
we are having. I have confirmed that the unit has some impact on my
cost of cooling. I recieved my electric bill this month and it is
about $35 dollors less then my previous bill before I bought the
AirFlow Breeze. I believe it really works. I have not had to adjust
my thermostat each evening before going to bed. The Breeze has
allowed me to balance my living room with the rest of the house.

That is a pretty amazing device. When I was a kid, we called it a
"fan". Yes, it really does make you feel cooler.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

In all fairness, it's a lot more than a fan. It's a fan made to fit
into a register opening, with a sail switch so it turns on when the AC
blower comes on. And it pulls more air through the duct. For people
that have an upstairs room, at the end of the duct run, that isn't
cool enough, it looks like it could help cool the room.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 8/14/2007 12:44 AM said the following:
I made a posting sometime back to let some you know about product that
has really help me keep my living room cooler in this very hot summer
we are having. I have confirmed that the unit has some impact on my
cost of cooling. I recieved my electric bill this month and it is
about $35 dollors less then my previous bill before I bought the
AirFlow Breeze. I believe it really works. I have not had to adjust
my thermostat each evening before going to bed. The Breeze has
allowed me to balance my living room with the rest of the house.

FYI I first saw this product in an Ace Hardware Store in Mesa, Arizona

I will let everyone know what happens with my Aug bill, it is very hot
this month too.

The link is
www.aftproducts.com

Didn't you test the product thoroughly before you put it on the market,
or is the 'Vice President Product Development' named Chris Pierce just a
coincidence?

"Vice President Product Development Chris Pierce has over 12 years
experience in technical, business development and management roles in
specialty chemical and environmental management firms providing service
to the automotive and industrial manufacturing industry".

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair
kpg kpg is offline

Didn't you test the product thoroughly before you put it on the market,
or is the 'Vice President Product Development' named Chris Pierce just a
coincidence?

lol. Good call. So he's a spammer...look like a good product though.

Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

willshak wrote:

on 8/14/2007 12:44 AM said the following:

The link is
www.aftproducts.com

Didn't you test the product thoroughly before you put it on the market,
or is the 'Vice President Product Development' named Chris Pierce just a
coincidence?

"Vice President Product Development Chris Pierce has over 12 years
experience in technical, business development and management roles in
specialty chemical and environmental management firms providing service
to the automotive and industrial manufacturing industry".

Some domain registration info:

solutionmgt.com:
Registrant:
Solution Management
Chris Pierce
5076N 575E
Franklin, IN 46131

aftproducts.com:
Registrant:
Air Flow Technology
5076 North 575 South
Franklin, IN 46131

And maybe he did first see a fan in Mesa, AZ

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 06:46:58 -0700, kpg wrote:

Didn't you test the product thoroughly before you put it on the market,
or is the 'Vice President Product Development' named Chris Pierce just a
coincidence?

lol. Good call. So he's a spammer...look like a good product though.

What was the spam?

He is pimping a product made buy his company that he claims he first saw
in an Ace hardware store...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Meat Plow wrote in
:

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:18:32 -0400, George wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 06:46:58 -0700, kpg wrote:

Didn't you test the product thoroughly before you put it on the
market, or is the 'Vice President Product Development' named Chris
Pierce just a coincidence?
lol. Good call. So he's a spammer...look like a good product
though.

What was the spam?

He is pimping a product made buy his company that he claims he first
saw in an Ace hardware store...

Well maybe so if it appeared in your private email inbox as UCE
(unsolicited commercial email) but not as a single post in a public
news group where at best it could be considered "off topic." Just for
the record I hate spam passionately but it's also a pet peeve of mine
when people mislabel posts as spam.

http://www.stopspam.org/usenet/mmf/breidbart.html

Sorry - the strict definition is as you said. I was using it in a way
I have seen it used many times also - an unsolicited commercial post
in a newsgroup not dedicated to that purpose.

I will even go so far as to say his post was not very far off topic,
There may be people looking for something just like that - but he
should be upfront about it - if it's not a spam tactic why resort
to deceit?

Anyway - dead horse.

kpg
Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

Meat Plow wrote:

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:18:32 -0400, George wrote:

Well maybe so if it appeared in your private email inbox as UCE
(unsolicited commercial email) but not as a single post in a public news
group where at best it could be considered "off topic." Just for the
record I hate spam passionately but it's also a pet peeve of mine when
people mislabel posts as spam.

It appears to be the 5th post of a similar nature.
It may or may not be spam, depending upon your threshold,
but it is advertising, fraudulently disguised as a consumer
testimonial.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 14, 12:53 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:33:56 +0000, kpg* wrote:
Meat Plow wrote in
:

Meat Plow wrote:
[...]

It certainly was trickery and dishonest to post it the way it was posted.
But it did appear to be hand posted and not spewn from some automated
process and wildly cross posted to a ton of news groups. That is more my
idea of a spammer.

Anyway - dead horse.

Agreed.- Hide quoted text -

Wanted to comment on the last few postings, this was a test as to what
kind of activity I could get from a group like this. Very interesting
range of comments. Everything that was in my posting is parphrases
from customers. I would like to pose a question to the group. Does
this forum help you in finding solutions to your problems, wether it
be a product or a service? If so how much trust does this forum have
with one anothers advise? If you notice there is advertising on the
margins of your forum and I am tring to determine what the
effectiveness of the forum has for advertising products.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wanted to comment on the last few postings, this was a test as to what
kind of activity I could get from a group like this. Very interesting
range of comments. Everything that was in my posting is parphrases
from customers. I would like to pose a question to the group. Does
this forum help you in finding solutions to your problems, wether it
be a product or a service? If so how much trust does this forum have
with one anothers advise? If you notice there is advertising on the
margins of your forum and I am tring to determine what the
effectiveness of the forum has for advertising products.

You do realize that your "forum" is nothing but a newsgroup rip-off, right?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meat Plow wrote:
[...]

Spam is spam whether you package it with a smile or not, and whether or
not it's hand delivered. You're a lying prick trying to deceive people
by misrepresenting yourself and your ****ing fan. No, this newsgroup
does *not* want this type of posting. Read the FAQs and then **** off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 14, 12:53 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:33:56 +0000, kpg* wrote:
Meat Plow wrote in
:

(snip)
Wanted to comment on the last few postings, this was a test as to what
kind of activity I could get from a group like this. Very interesting
range of comments. Everything that was in my posting is parphrases
from customers. I would like to pose a question to the group. Does
this forum help you in finding solutions to your problems, wether it
be a product or a service? If so how much trust does this forum have
with one anothers advise? If you notice there is advertising on the
margins of your forum and I am tring to determine what the
effectiveness of the forum has for advertising products.

'Advertising on the edges of your forum'?

Checks headers.

Yep, another clueless newbie that thinks Usenet = Google Groups.

Google REALLY needs to increase the size and details on their disclaimers
about what they call 'Groups' actually is. It needs to be on the main screen
when reading news, and on the screen where you compose posts, not mentioned
offhand on a help screen.

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
If you notice there is advertising on the
margins of your forum and I am tring to determine what the
effectiveness of the forum has for advertising products.

If I notice advertising, I don't read any further and totally ignore the
advertising. This is a newsgroup for discussion of the topic at hand. It
is meant to be non-commercial so any advertising here is unwelcome. I'd go
out of my way to avoid buying from companies that try to get a freebie here.

Anyone advertising on USENET is scum. Your "test" here puts you in the same
category as you are looking to exploit those that come here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You stepped in it buddy. As you can see, there are many that
strongly oppose any commercial posts here - and rightly so.

While I think it's too late for you now, here's what you should
have done:

As an 'expert' on HVAC you could come here and answers questions
people ask in that area, building trust, all the while not pushing
your product. Via your signature line you could have a link to
your site, and/or you could include you're title as VP of whatever.

If there is a situation where your product may help you could
mention it, assuming that most of your replies are not about your
product, but genuine help, and when you do (occasionally) mention
your product you clearly identify that you are connected to the
product.

But you went and screwed that up - what a shame.

Bottom line - trust. You only get one change in the ruthless
world of USENET.

Now, it you're brave - you could apologize profusely, take your
lumps, accept that many will just kill file you and/or attack you
when (and where) ever you or your company show up - and try to
redeem yourself with honest help to others.

Now hopefully I won't get fire bombed for giving you advice, much
less talking to you, because I kinda like this group and would
like to stick around!

kp "I thought this was a dead horse" g

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in
ups.com:

Meat Plow wrote:
[...]

You want activity? Go wiggle you ass during visitation time at your local
corrections center.

from a group like this. Very interesting
range of comments. Everything that was in my posting is parphrases
from customers. I would like to pose a question to the group. Does
this forum help you in finding solutions to your problems, wether it
be a product or a service? If so how much trust does this forum have
with one anothers advise? If you notice there is advertising on the
margins of your forum and I am tring to determine what the
effectiveness of the forum has for advertising products.

Thanks

--
SPAM bots eat me!
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:
From: abuse@localhost Reply-to: abuse@localhost
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:

This link puts the spam bots into a loop:
http://www.hostedscripts.com/scripts/antispam.html