Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heating & Cooling A Single Room

Greetings,

I need to heat and cool a very small room that is going to be built
from part of my single car garage. The room is for reloading ammunition
and will also serve as my arsenol so the temperatrue must remain
constant year round. The room will be no more than 250 sq ft (and that
might be pushing it).

My original plan was to install a window/wall air conditioner for
summer and to use an oil space heater or an electric wall heater for
winter. Is there a better option? Is there such a thing as a
window/wall air conditioner that also heats in the winter?

The garage is a stand alone building so running a duct from the house
is not an option.

Thanks,

Aaron

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

wrote in message
ups.com...
Greetings,

I need to heat and cool a very small room that is going to be built
from part of my single car garage. The room is for reloading ammunition
and will also serve as my arsenol so the temperatrue must remain
constant year round. The room will be no more than 250 sq ft (and that
might be pushing it).

My original plan was to install a window/wall air conditioner for
summer and to use an oil space heater or an electric wall heater for
winter. Is there a better option? Is there such a thing as a
window/wall air conditioner that also heats in the winter?

The garage is a stand alone building so running a duct from the house
is not an option.

Thanks,

Aaron

get a window/thru the wall heat pump

Like in a motel.

oil space heater and ammo, ya like that is a good idea. Just me being
overly sensitive. I just could not sleep with a flame or flame source near
the ammo. All of my stuff is locked inside of a fire/explosion rated safe.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Greg O

wrote in message
ups.com...
Greetings,

I need to heat and cool a very small room that is going to be built
from part of my single car garage.

http://www.sanyo.com/industrial/HVAC/PTAC_PTHP/
Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Kraus

Get a GE Zoneline for that authentic motel feeling.

http://www.geappliances.com/zoneline/

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On 15 Dec 2005 12:48:31 -0800, "
wrote:

Greetings,

I need to heat and cool a very small room that is going to be built
from part of my single car garage. The room is for reloading ammunition
and will also serve as my arsenol so the temperatrue must remain
constant year round. The room will be no more than 250 sq ft (and that
might be pushing it).

My original plan was to install a window/wall air conditioner for
summer and to use an oil space heater or an electric wall heater for
winter. Is there a better option? Is there such a thing as a
window/wall air conditioner that also heats in the winter?

Yes. They are used in motels all the time.

And some small businesses.

The garage is a stand alone building so running a duct from the house
is not an option.

Thanks,

Aaron

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let