Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Cooling a Hot Room

wrote in
ups.com:

On Aug 14, 12:53 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:33:56 +0000, kpg* wrote:
Meat Plow wrote in
:

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:18:32 -0400, George wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 06:46:58 -0700, kpg wrote:

Didn't you test the product thoroughly before you put it on
the market, or is the 'Vice President Product Development'
named Chris Pierce just a coincidence?
lol. Good call. So he's a spammer...look like a good product
though.

What was the spam?

He is pimping a product made buy his company that he claims he
first saw in an Ace hardware store...

Well maybe so if it appeared in your private email inbox as UCE
(unsolicited commercial email) but not as a single post in a
public news group where at best it could be considered "off
topic." Just for the record I hate spam passionately but it's also
a pet peeve of mine when people mislabel posts as spam.

http://www.stopspam.org/usenet/mmf/breidbart.html

Sorry - the strict definition is as you said. I was using it in a
way I have seen it used many times also - an unsolicited commercial
post in a newsgroup not dedicated to that purpose.

I will even go so far as to say his post was not very far off
topic, There may be people looking for something just like that -
but he should be upfront about it - if it's not a spam tactic why
resort to deceit?

It certainly was trickery and dishonest to post it the way it was
posted. But it did appear to be hand posted and not spewn from some
automated process and wildly cross posted to a ton of news groups.
That is more my idea of a spammer.

Anyway - dead horse.

Agreed.- Hide quoted text -

Wanted to comment on the last few postings, this was a test as to what
kind of activity I could get

You want activity? Go wiggle you ass during visitation time at your local
corrections center.

from a group like this. Very interesting
range of comments. Everything that was in my posting is parphrases
from customers. I would like to pose a question to the group. Does
this forum help you in finding solutions to your problems, wether it
be a product or a service? If so how much trust does this forum have
with one anothers advise? If you notice there is advertising on the
margins of your forum and I am tring to determine what the
effectiveness of the forum has for advertising products.

Thanks

--
SPAM bots eat me!
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:
From: abuse@localhost Reply-to: abuse@localhost
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:

This link puts the spam bots into a loop:
http://www.hostedscripts.com/scripts/antispam.html