Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting chimney siding

The portion of the chimney that sticks out above my roof is covered on
all four sides with wood siding - which needs repainting. What's the
best way for a homeowner to accomplish this task? I want to use a
roller so I need some kind of contraption to keep the roller pan level
on the roof. It's a one-story house and the roof line is just a little
over 8 ft above ground.

Thanks for any advice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 7:57 am, wrote:
The portion of the chimney that sticks out above my roof is covered on
all four sides with wood siding - which needs repainting. What's the
best way for a homeowner to accomplish this task? I want to use a
roller so I need some kind of contraption to keep the roller pan level
on the roof. It's a one-story house and the roof line is just a little
over 8 ft above ground.

Thanks for any advice.

Use a "mini" roller with a small plastic grid that goes inside of a 1
gallon paint can.

JK

Painting Of Siding Question Robert11 Home Repair 4 July 19th 07 07:01 PM
siding vs painting RB Home Repair 5 March 3rd 06 03:56 AM
Siding Rotting on Roof at Chimney [email protected] Home Repair 6 September 27th 05 03:24 PM
Painting siding vs. New siding Blake Patterson Home Repair 2 July 15th 04 12:47 PM
painting siding Joseph Meehan Home Repair 0 April 12th 04 05:08 PM