Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how to get old wallpaper to stick

Our old wall paper edges are now unraveling and curling. I bought a bunch of
wall paper glue etc and nothing makes the paper stick to the wall. Any
ideas? Maybe there is a paste or special adhesive I don't know about?
thanks

Joan

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge wrote:

Our old wall paper edges are now unraveling and curling. I bought a bunch of
wall paper glue etc and nothing makes the paper stick to the wall. Any
ideas? Maybe there is a paste or special adhesive I don't know about?
thanks

Joan

I'd bet that a little bit of Barge Cement would hold those curling
pieces down.

http://www.hanksclothing.com/barge_rubber_cement.html

Last Sunday I was cleaning the inside of my car's windshield and when
done I got mildly annoyed at how two corners of the state inspection
sticker were curling up, marring my handiwork.

A little bit of Barge Cement applied with a toothpick and a press of my
thumb and they were stuck down real good.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge" wrote in
newsyNpi.726$zJ4.431@trndny03:

Our old wall paper edges are now unraveling and curling. I bought a
bunch of wall paper glue etc and nothing makes the paper stick to the
wall. Any ideas? Maybe there is a paste or special adhesive I don't
know about? thanks

Joan

Contact cement? Caution, will show yellow glue if it oozes out of the edge.

Clear silicone. But if wallpaper has some powerful curl, it may pull away
probably until it sets.

Plain old glue stick. Have no idea if it would work but it's dirt cheap.

Maybe a real paint store or the like that sells wallpaper would give you
some good direction.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge wrote:
Our old wall paper edges are now unraveling and curling. I bought a
bunch of wall paper glue etc and nothing makes the paper stick to
the wall. Any ideas? Maybe there is a paste or special adhesive I
don't know about? thanks

White carpenters glue. Work under, smooth paper down (but don't try
to make it stick), clean off all squeeze out. Once the glue is dry,
taken an iron, set it on hot and iron down the paper.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:31:33 GMT, "Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge"
wrote:

Our old wall paper edges are now unraveling and curling. I bought a bunch of
wall paper glue etc and nothing makes the paper stick to the wall. Any
ideas? Maybe there is a paste or special adhesive I don't know about?
thanks

Joan

Dollar Store school supplies Muscilage. Its a thick liquid (starch
based?) adhesive in a roll-on dispenser. Great for gluing on paper.