Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default how to get old wallpaper to stick

Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge wrote:

Our old wall paper edges are now unraveling and curling. I bought a bunch of
wall paper glue etc and nothing makes the paper stick to the wall. Any
ideas? Maybe there is a paste or special adhesive I don't know about?
thanks

Joan

I'd bet that a little bit of Barge Cement would hold those curling
pieces down.

http://www.hanksclothing.com/barge_rubber_cement.html

Last Sunday I was cleaning the inside of my car's windshield and when
done I got mildly annoyed at how two corners of the state inspection
sticker were curling up, marring my handiwork.

A little bit of Barge Cement applied with a toothpick and a press of my
thumb and they were stuck down real good.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia