Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What kind of brush for acrylic paint?

I'm building a gate out of 2x4s and latticed lath. What kind of brush do
you use with acrylic paint? Does it matter? I have many brushes,
different kinds, from the cheapies made in malasia made of boar bristle
(?), plastic bristles, better quality natural bristle brushes I use for
varnish, and others. Does it matter?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan_Musicant wrote:
I'm building a gate out of 2x4s and latticed lath. What kind of
brush do you use with acrylic paint? Does it matter? I have many
brushes, different kinds, from the cheapies made in malasia made of
boar bristle (?), plastic bristles, better quality natural bristle
brushes I use for varnish, and others. Does it matter?

Use bristle brushes for oil base finishes, nylon for water base. Or
other synthetic that won't absorb water.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 16, 6:25 pm, Dan_Musicant wrote:
I'm building a gate out of 2x4s and latticed lath. What kind of brush do
you use with acrylicpaint? Does it matter? I have many brushes,
different kinds, from the cheapies made in malasia made of boar bristle
(?), plastic bristles, better quality natural bristle brushes I use for
varnish, and others. Does it matter?

Use a nylon bristle brush for either latex or oil. Not a cheapo -- go
to a paint store and buy a good one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Hopkins" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 16, 6:25 pm, Dan_Musicant wrote:
I'm building a gate out of 2x4s and latticed lath. What kind of brush do
you use with acrylicpaint? Does it matter? I have many brushes,
different kinds, from the cheapies made in malasia made of boar bristle
(?), plastic bristles, better quality natural bristle brushes I use for
varnish, and others. Does it matter?

Use a nylon bristle brush for either latex or oil. Not a cheapo -- go
to a paint store and buy a good one.

Second that. I used to use cheap brushes - they put on the paint badly,
left lots of hairs in the paint, and never cleaned well. I got a good
Wooster brush - best investment I ever made. Smooth coats, nice supple
hairs, cleans wonderfully.

Acrylic paint yitzak UK diy 11 September 15th 06 07:44 PM
Re Extendable paint brush pole Deebrief UK diy 3 March 6th 06 05:13 PM
Need Suggestions for Best Primer, Paint, Brush Combo AR Home Repair 1 July 20th 05 01:16 AM
Is 100% Acrylic Paint the best available? Walter R. Home Repair 6 June 16th 05 04:27 AM
Acrylic Paint TheScullster UK diy 2 April 5th 04 10:16 AM