AR

Default Need Suggestions for Best Primer, Paint, Brush Combo

I am going to install french doors in our formal dinning room that have
a glass panel with wood stiles and rails. The stiles and rails are
unfinished wood that I plan to paint gloss white. What is the best
primer, gloss paint and brush combo to use. I am only a typical DIYer
and would like to know what combo will give me the best finished
product without a Phd in painting 101.

Thanks

Edwin Pawlowski

"AR" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am going to install french doors in our formal dinning room that have
a glass panel with wood stiles and rails. The stiles and rails are
unfinished wood that I plan to paint gloss white. What is the best
primer, gloss paint and brush combo to use. I am only a typical DIYer
and would like to know what combo will give me the best finished
product without a Phd in painting 101.

Years ago oil would have been the best choice. Before that, oil with lead
in it for a very high gloss white.

Visit a good paint dealer and talk to hem. Not the pain clerk at Wal Mart or
Home Despot, but the guy around the corner that has been there for 20 years.
He'll set you up with the best options.

Excerpt: Room for Improvement Jane Smith Home Repair 1 October 3rd 05 10:22 AM
primer questions Melissa Home Repair 17 July 23rd 05 07:16 AM
Primer - Paint - Why don't they just put primer in paint? Steve Henderson Home Repair 13 September 19th 04 06:00 PM
Woodwork paint removal - Metabo LF714s any good - other suggestions Eric the Red UK diy 0 August 20th 03 07:00 PM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM