DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What kind of brush for acrylic paint? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/206695-what-kind-brush-acrylic-paint.html)

Dan_Musicant July 16th 07 11:25 PM

What kind of brush for acrylic paint?

I'm building a gate out of 2x4s and latticed lath. What kind of brush do
you use with acrylic paint? Does it matter? I have many brushes,
different kinds, from the cheapies made in malasia made of boar bristle
(?), plastic bristles, better quality natural bristle brushes I use for
varnish, and others. Does it matter?

dadiOH July 17th 07 12:51 PM

Dan_Musicant wrote:
I'm building a gate out of 2x4s and latticed lath. What kind of
brush do you use with acrylic paint? Does it matter? I have many
brushes, different kinds, from the cheapies made in malasia made of
boar bristle (?), plastic bristles, better quality natural bristle
brushes I use for varnish, and others. Does it matter?

Use bristle brushes for oil base finishes, nylon for water base. Or
other synthetic that won't absorb water.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Hopkins July 20th 07 11:02 PM

On Jul 16, 6:25 pm, Dan_Musicant wrote:
I'm building a gate out of 2x4s and latticed lath. What kind of brush do
you use with acrylicpaint? Does it matter? I have many brushes,
different kinds, from the cheapies made in malasia made of boar bristle
(?), plastic bristles, better quality natural bristle brushes I use for
varnish, and others. Does it matter?

Use a nylon bristle brush for either latex or oil. Not a cheapo -- go
to a paint store and buy a good one.

Eigenvector July 21st 07 01:39 AM

What kind of brush for acrylic paint?

"Hopkins" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 16, 6:25 pm, Dan_Musicant wrote:
I'm building a gate out of 2x4s and latticed lath. What kind of brush do
you use with acrylicpaint? Does it matter? I have many brushes,
different kinds, from the cheapies made in malasia made of boar bristle
(?), plastic bristles, better quality natural bristle brushes I use for
varnish, and others. Does it matter?

Use a nylon bristle brush for either latex or oil. Not a cheapo -- go
to a paint store and buy a good one.

Second that. I used to use cheap brushes - they put on the paint badly,
left lots of hairs in the paint, and never cleaned well. I got a good
Wooster brush - best investment I ever made. Smooth coats, nice supple
hairs, cleans wonderfully.