Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's wrong with PEX ??

Just wondering. Why is the City of San Diego not allowing PEX? I was under
the impression that PEX was the greatest thing since the invention of the
wheel. What's wrong with the stuff?

"the City of San Diego will halt the acceptance of applications requesting
the use of PEX.
This policy will become effective immediately for all projects
including re-piping projects."

http://www.sandiego.gov/development-...pdf/pexltr.pdf

Is PEX cheaper to install and thus not acceptable to our labor unions? City
Hall recently voted to keep Wal-Mart out of San Diego. Wal-Mart is not
unionized. Any other reasons for prohibiting PEX? Any other cities
prohibiting PEX?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Walter R." wrote in message

http://www.sandiego.gov/development-...pdf/pexltr.pdf

Is PEX cheaper to install and thus not acceptable to our labor unions?
City Hall recently voted to keep Wal-Mart out of San Diego. Wal-Mart is
not unionized. Any other reasons for prohibiting PEX? Any other cities
prohibiting PEX?

The allow it for closed loop system, but not potable water. Chemicals that
are safe around the world may cause cancer in California. It may be that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Walter R." wrote in message

http://www.sandiego.gov/development-...pdf/pexltr.pdf

Is PEX cheaper to install and thus not acceptable to our labor unions?
City Hall recently voted to keep Wal-Mart out of San Diego. Wal-Mart is
not unionized. Any other reasons for prohibiting PEX? Any other cities
prohibiting PEX?

The allow it for closed loop system, but not potable water. Chemicals that
are safe around the world may cause cancer in California. It may be that.

I believe the State of California is known to cause cancer...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 13, 12:06 pm, "Walter R." wrote:
Just wondering. Why is the City of San Diego not allowing PEX? I was under
the impression that PEX was the greatest thing since the invention of the
wheel. What's wrong with the stuff?

"the City of San Diego will halt the acceptance of applications requesting
the use of PEX.
This policy will become effective immediately for all projects
including re-piping projects."

http://www.sandiego.gov/development-...pdf/pexltr.pdf

Is PEX cheaper to install and thus not acceptable to our labor unions? City
Hall recently voted to keep Wal-Mart out of San Diego. Wal-Mart is not
unionized. Any other reasons for prohibiting PEX? Any other cities
prohibiting PEX?

Some company that doesn't make PEX but a legal competitive product
paid off a city official or gave him big bucks for his campaign. It
probably got voted in because the city officers had no idea what the
stuff is.

John

Posted to alt.home.repair

Walter R. wrote:
Just wondering. Why is the City of San Diego not allowing PEX? I was under
the impression that PEX was the greatest thing since the invention of the
wheel. What's wrong with the stuff?

"the City of San Diego will halt the acceptance of applications requesting
the use of PEX.
This policy will become effective immediately for all projects
including re-piping projects."

http://www.sandiego.gov/development-...pdf/pexltr.pdf

Is PEX cheaper to install and thus not acceptable to our labor unions? City
Hall recently voted to keep Wal-Mart out of San Diego. Wal-Mart is not
unionized. Any other reasons for prohibiting PEX? Any other cities
prohibiting PEX?

Here's the story:
http://www.plumbingengineer.com/june...er_systems.php

It looks to me like California rejects the NSF's safety testing and
wants to do their own test to certify PEX.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 13, 2:31 pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Walter R." wrote in message

http://www.sandiego.gov/development-...pdf/pexltr.pdf

Is PEX cheaper to install and thus not acceptable to our labor unions?
City Hall recently voted to keep Wal-Mart out of San Diego. Wal-Mart is
not unionized. Any other reasons for prohibiting PEX? Any other cities
prohibiting PEX?

The allow it for closed loop system, but not potable water. Chemicals that
are safe around the world may cause cancer in California. It may be that.

I believe the State of California is known to cause cancer...

One city in CA was getting set to ban the dangerous chemical
dihydrogen monoxide until someone told them what it is
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com,
Frank wrote:

dihydrogen monoxide

These guys were probably behind it.

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:06:32 -0700, "Walter R."
wrote:

Just wondering. Why is the City of San Diego not allowing PEX? I was under
the impression that PEX was the greatest thing since the invention of the
wheel. What's wrong with the stuff?

San Diego ended up with all the lawyers, because San Francisco got
first pick.....

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 13, 2:31 pm, "Pete C." wrote:

One city in CA was getting set to ban the dangerous chemical
dihydrogen monoxide until someone told them what it is
Frank

Darn it Frank. You posted my post.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair
TH TH is offline

I lived in a town that would not allow nothing except cast iron for waste
lines.I became good friends with a union plumber and found out that the
plumbers' union didn't want to loose that part of their work so cast iron
was kept in the local code.

"Walter R." wrote in message
.. .
Just wondering. Why is the City of San Diego not allowing PEX? I was under
the impression that PEX was the greatest thing since the invention of the
wheel. What's wrong with the stuff?

"the City of San Diego will halt the acceptance of applications requesting
the use of PEX.
This policy will become effective immediately for all projects
including re-piping projects."

http://www.sandiego.gov/development-...pdf/pexltr.pdf

Is PEX cheaper to install and thus not acceptable to our labor unions?
City Hall recently voted to keep Wal-Mart out of San Diego. Wal-Mart is
not unionized. Any other reasons for prohibiting PEX? Any other cities
prohibiting PEX?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
-

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Walter R." wrote in message
.. .
Just wondering. Why is the City of San Diego not allowing PEX? I was under
the impression that PEX was the greatest thing since the invention of the
wheel. What's wrong with the stuff?

"the City of San Diego will halt the acceptance of applications requesting
the use of PEX.
This policy will become effective immediately for all projects
including re-piping projects."

http://www.sandiego.gov/development-...pdf/pexltr.pdf

Is PEX cheaper to install and thus not acceptable to our labor unions?
City Hall recently voted to keep Wal-Mart out of San Diego. Wal-Mart is
not unionized. Any other reasons for prohibiting PEX? Any other cities
prohibiting PEX?

Reason? IT'S CALIFORNIA, THE STATE OF INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just what
do you expect from a state that voted in a sex offender as governor?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Mike Dobony" wrote:

Reason? IT'S CALIFORNIA, THE STATE OF INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just what
do you expect from a state that voted in a sex offender as governor?

Well they were just following the lead of the rest of the US in '92
and '96.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Walter R. writes:

Is PEX cheaper to install and thus not acceptable to our labor unions?

Years ago it was the same thing with copper versus PVC.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Just wondering. Why is the City of San Diego not allowing PEX? I was under
the impression that PEX was the greatest thing since the invention of the
wheel. What's wrong with the stuff?

"the City of San Diego will halt the acceptance of applications requesting
the use of PEX.
This policy will become effective immediately for all projects
including re-piping projects."

http://www.sandiego.gov/development-...pdf/pexltr.pdf

Is PEX cheaper to install and thus not acceptable to our labor unions? City
Hall recently voted to keep Wal-Mart out of San Diego. Wal-Mart is not
unionized. Any other reasons for prohibiting PEX? Any other cities
prohibiting PEX?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
-

California is like a whole country of lobbiests. I heard in San Fran
you can't use PVC, copper only. Since profits are a percentage of
wholesale price, if you can force a universal jack up of housing
costs, builders make boo coo bucks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:34:37 -0700, Abe wrote:

Reason? IT'S CALIFORNIA, THE STATE OF INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just what
do you expect from a state that voted in a sex offender as governor?

Huh? Citation please.

That's right! Explain it too me Lucy! Hurry up, I have Bongo lessons!
--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 13, 11:06 am, "Walter R." wrote:
Just wondering. Why is the City of San Diego not allowing PEX? I was under
the impression that PEX was the greatest thing since the invention of the
wheel. What's wrong with the stuff?

"the City of San Diego will halt the acceptance of applications requesting
the use of PEX.
This policy will become effective immediately for all projects
including re-piping projects."

http://www.sandiego.gov/development-...pdf/pexltr.pdf

Is PEX cheaper to install and thus not acceptable to our labor unions? City
Hall recently voted to keep Wal-Mart out of San Diego. Wal-Mart is not
unionized. Any other reasons for prohibiting PEX? Any other cities
prohibiting PEX?

--
Walterwww.rationality.net
-

California has 30+ million people...it's nearly unworkable, so many
special interest groups

PEX ok'd is on a city by city basis....all the new construction in the
"Inland Empire" / high desert is PEX.

about 200 cities have given the ok besides no one in SD drinks the
tap water....way to high in TDS, approaching salt water

my in-laws have lived in SD for 20 years & they never drink it nor do
I when I visit...the stuff tastes rather salty

FYI The SF bay folks actually want people to move away from copper
to PEX or other plastics since copper water lines actually increase
the copper load in the bay.

If you guys think this place is crazy now just wait until we have 40
or 50 million

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Abe" wrote in message
Reason? IT'S CALIFORNIA, THE STATE OF INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just
what
do you expect from a state that voted in a sex offender as governor?

Huh? Citation please.

Doctor's office magazine had an article on the Governator long before
running for office and it talked about his sexual abuse of women. Then
there was the last Terminator move he did where he took a forced picture of
the woman's breasts. Don't you read the news?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike Dobony wrote:

Reason? IT'S CALIFORNIA, THE STATE OF INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just
what do you expect from a state that voted in a sex offender as
governor?

Sex is one of the reasons people strive to achieve high office. My hero, and
best example, is short, looks like a frog, has a gravelly voice, not rich,
is of the wrong religion, commands no great business or wealth, but dated
many beautiful women (Jill St. John, Candice Bergen, Marlo Thomas, Barbara
Walters). His famous line: "Power is the only true aphrodisiac" is
self-evident.

He's NOT from California, either.

It is left to the reader to remember his name.

Further hints: He has a Nobel Peace Prize and he's not Jimmy Carter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

It is left to the reader to remember his name.

Further hints: He has a Nobel Peace Prize and he's not Jimmy Carter.

Ah yes.. One of the main reason the Nobel PP has lost some of its
credibility. Good Ole Hank showed up on CSpan the other day for some
reason.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 14, 12:39 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Mike Dobony wrote:

Reason? IT'S CALIFORNIA, THE STATE OF INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just
what do you expect from a state that voted in a sex offender as
governor?

Sex is one of the reasons people strive to achieve high office. My hero, and
best example, is short, looks like a frog, has a gravelly voice, not rich,
is of the wrong religion, commands no great business or wealth, but dated
many beautiful women (Jill St. John, Candice Bergen, Marlo Thomas, Barbara
Walters). His famous line: "Power is the only true aphrodisiac" is
self-evident.

He's NOT from California, either.

It is left to the reader to remember his name.

Further hints: He has a Nobel Peace Prize and he's not Jimmy Carter.

JC only lusted in his heart HK did the real thing.......

Go Big H!

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "HeyBub" wrote:
Sex is one of the reasons people strive to achieve high office. My hero, and
best example, is short, looks like a frog, has a gravelly voice, not rich,
is of the wrong religion, commands no great business or wealth, but dated
many beautiful women (Jill St. John, Candice Bergen, Marlo Thomas, Barbara
Walters). His famous line: "Power is the only true aphrodisiac" is
self-evident.

He's NOT from California, either.

It is left to the reader to remember his name.

Further hints: He has a Nobel Peace Prize and he's not Jimmy Carter.

Yasser Arafat dated Jill St. John and Candace Bergen???

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
In article , "HeyBub"
wrote:
Sex is one of the reasons people strive to achieve high office. My hero,
and
best example, is short, looks like a frog, has a gravelly voice, not rich,
is of the wrong religion, commands no great business or wealth, but dated
many beautiful women (Jill St. John, Candice Bergen, Marlo Thomas, Barbara
Walters). His famous line: "Power is the only true aphrodisiac" is
self-evident.

He's NOT from California, either.

It is left to the reader to remember his name.

Further hints: He has a Nobel Peace Prize and he's not Jimmy Carter.

Yasser Arafat dated Jill St. John and Candace Bergen???

--
Regards,

Damnit!!! That was my guess!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 06:07:27 GMT, "Mike Dobony"
wrote:

"Abe" wrote in message
.. .
Reason? IT'S CALIFORNIA, THE STATE OF INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just
what
do you expect from a state that voted in a sex offender as governor?

Huh? Citation please.

Doctor's office magazine had an article on the Governator long before
running for office and it talked about his sexual abuse of women. Then
there was the last Terminator move he did where he took a forced picture of
the woman's breasts. Don't you read the news?

I'm wondering if you think an accusation of sexual harassment is equal
to a declaration that the governor/candidate is a _sex offender_. Did
the news distinguish the difference?

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..
Posted to alt.home.repair

do you expect from a state that voted in a sex offender as governor?
Huh? Citation please.

Doctor's office magazine had an article on the Governator long before
running for office and it talked about his sexual abuse of women. Then
there was the last Terminator move he did where he took a forced picture
of the woman's breasts. Don't you read the news?

No, my subscription to the national Enquirer ran out and with the 9 cents a
day I make here in the prison, I can't afford to renew it. Can I borrow
yours after you ve read them ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
On Jul 13, 2:31 pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Walter R." wrote in message

http://www.sandiego.gov/development-...pdf/pexltr.pdf

Is PEX cheaper to install and thus not acceptable to our labor
unions? City Hall recently voted to keep Wal-Mart out of San
Diego. Wal-Mart is not unionized. Any other reasons for
prohibiting PEX? Any other cities prohibiting PEX?

The allow it for closed loop system, but not potable water.
Chemicals that are safe around the world may cause cancer in
California. It may be that.

I believe the State of California is known to cause cancer...

One city in CA was getting set to ban the dangerous chemical
dihydrogen monoxide until someone told them what it is
Frank

Old wive's tales never die.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 06:07:27 GMT, "Mike Dobony"
wrote:

"Abe" wrote in message
. ..
Reason? IT'S CALIFORNIA, THE STATE OF INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just
what
do you expect from a state that voted in a sex offender as governor?

Huh? Citation please.

Doctor's office magazine had an article on the Governator long before
running for office and it talked about his sexual abuse of women. Then
there was the last Terminator move he did where he took a forced picture
of
the woman's breasts. Don't you read the news?

I'm wondering if you think an accusation of sexual harassment is equal
to a declaration that the governor/candidate is a _sex offender_. Did
the news distinguish the difference?

Accusation in keeping with previous history as documented earlier.

--
Oren

..through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in
the photo..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:30:51 -0500, "Mike Dobony"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Abe" wrote in message
Reason? IT'S CALIFORNIA, THE STATE OF INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just
what
do you expect from a state that voted in a sex offender as governor?

Huh? Citation please.

Doctor's office magazine had an article on the Governator long before
running for office and it talked about his sexual abuse of women. Then
there was the last Terminator move he did where he took a forced picture
of
the woman's breasts. Don't you read the news?

I'm wondering if you think an accusation of sexual harassment is equal
to a declaration that the governor/candidate is a _sex offender_. Did
the news distinguish the difference?

Accusation in keeping with previous history as documented earlier.

History and documentation, hmmm!

Okay! He should be registered in California if convicted as a sex
offender, NOT! The accusation has been addressed by his counsel - I'm
sure. Even multiple times.

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:30:51 -0500, "Mike Dobony"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 06:07:27 GMT, "Mike Dobony"
wrote:

"Abe" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Kobe Bryat is a sex offender despite dropped charges. The Duke lacrosse
team are sex offenders despite the dropped charges. My father in law
molested all his children, at least one grandchild, and his daughter in law.
He was never convicted, but is still a sex offender despite the charges
being dropped. They are all sex offenders, even though they were never
convicted.

--
Oren

..through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in
the photo..

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
t...

wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 06:07:27 GMT, "Mike Dobony"
wrote:

"Abe" wrote in message
om...
[...]

P.S. *I* am a sex offender also. I pressured my girlfriend into sex through
the movies we went to see, songs played on the radio, and roaming hands.
Because of her past abuses she was unable to say 'no.' I got her pregnant
and married her. We now have two great children and 3 wonderful
grandchildren. We are now going though counseling for our past history of
abuse.

I admit to my abuse and take full responsibility for it. Kobe Bryant, the
Duke team, and Arnold refuse to take responsibility for their abuse, denying
it is abuse to rape women, encourage women to strip for pictures, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Mike Dobony" wrote:

I admit to my abuse and take full responsibility for it. Kobe Bryant, the
Duke team,

The Duke team was completely exonerated because the victim
apparently wasn't. The others are probably in a grey area since none
were convicted, Kobe was a civil trial.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mike Dobony" wrote in
t:

Kobe Bryat is a sex offender despite dropped charges. The Duke
lacrosse team are sex offenders despite the dropped charges. My father
in law molested all his children, at least one grandchild, and his
daughter in law. He was never convicted, but is still a sex offender
despite the charges being dropped. They are all sex offenders, even
though they were never convicted.

hey,according to the feminists,ALL men are sex offenders.....

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Where did (am) I going wrong? RayV Woodworking 4 October 3rd 06 01:38 AM
OT : Right or Wrong? The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 12 September 16th 06 04:01 PM
Hey, what can go wrong? Sharon Home Ownership 7 September 14th 05 01:46 AM
Is this wrong? Sparks UK diy 14 December 6th 04 08:52 AM
what's wrong with my saw? donald girod Woodworking 3 July 16th 03 06:09 PM