Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's wrong with PEX ??

Just wondering. Why is the City of San Diego not allowing PEX? I was under
the impression that PEX was the greatest thing since the invention of the
wheel. What's wrong with the stuff?

"the City of San Diego will halt the acceptance of applications requesting
the use of PEX.
This policy will become effective immediately for all projects
including re-piping projects."

http://www.sandiego.gov/development-...pdf/pexltr.pdf

Is PEX cheaper to install and thus not acceptable to our labor unions? City
Hall recently voted to keep Wal-Mart out of San Diego. Wal-Mart is not
unionized. Any other reasons for prohibiting PEX? Any other cities
prohibiting PEX?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Where did (am) I going wrong? RayV Woodworking 4 October 3rd 06 01:38 AM
OT : Right or Wrong? The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 12 September 16th 06 04:01 PM
Hey, what can go wrong? Sharon Home Ownership 7 September 14th 05 01:46 AM
Is this wrong? Sparks UK diy 14 December 6th 04 08:52 AM
what's wrong with my saw? donald girod Woodworking 3 July 16th 03 06:09 PM