Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Brown stains on toilet seat

I have white enamel toilet seats and I clean it once a week.

Underneath the toilet seat, I often find several reddish brown stains
the size of a quarter or bigger.

The stains always clean right off, but I'm wondering what in he heck
they could be.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 11, 10:52 am, ValveJob wrote:
I have white enamel toilet seats and I clean it once a week.

Underneath the toilet seat, I often find several reddish brown stains
the size of a quarter or bigger.

The stains always clean right off, but I'm wondering what in he heck
they could be.

rust from the hinge screws

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 11, 9:52 am, ValveJob wrote:
I have white enamel toilet seats and I clean it once a week.

Underneath the toilet seat, I often find several reddish brown stains
the size of a quarter or bigger.

The stains always clean right off, but I'm wondering what in he heck
they could be.

Don't grunt so hard, it causes splash back.

[8~{} Uncle Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:52:18 -0500, ValveJob wrote:

I have white enamel toilet seats and I clean it once a week.

Underneath the toilet seat, I often find several reddish brown stains
the size of a quarter or bigger.

The stains always clean right off, but I'm wondering what in he heck
they could be.

Let me guess.........
I bet this happens approximately once a month, right about the same
time your wife goes to the store to stock up on Tampax and Kotex,
right? Call her gynacologist to find out for sure !!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:52:18 -0500, ValveJob wrote:

I have white enamel toilet seats and I clean it once a week.

Underneath the toilet seat, I often find several reddish brown stains
the size of a quarter or bigger.

The stains always clean right off, but I'm wondering what in he heck
they could be.

Real men use their sense of taste.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 12, 4:29 am, wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:52:18 -0500, ValveJob wrote:

I have white enamel toilet seats and I clean it once a week.

Underneath the toilet seat, I often find several reddish brown stains
the size of a quarter or bigger.

The stains always clean right off, but I'm wondering what in he heck
they could be.

Let me guess.........
I bet this happens approximately once a month, right about the same
time your wife goes to the store to stock up on Tampax and Kotex,
right? Call her gynacologist to find out for sure !!!!

GEEZ! You're worse than me!

[8~{} Uncle Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:52:18 -0500, ValveJob wrote:

I have white enamel toilet seats and I clean it once a week.

Underneath the toilet seat, I often find several reddish brown stains
the size of a quarter or bigger.

The stains always clean right off, but I'm wondering what in he heck
they could be.

Lick them. What do they taste like?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 11, 8:52 am, ValveJob wrote:
I have white enamel toilet seats and I clean it once a week.

Underneath the toilet seat, I often find several reddish brown stains
the size of a quarter or bigger.

The stains always clean right off, but I'm wondering what in he heck
they could be.

Brown Stains on the toilet...

I'll resist temptation here.

John

Posted to alt.home.repair

ValveJob:

I'm wondering if that water could then grow something that resembles
a stain.

Let's use common sense, if you have brown stains in the toilet there are
only two things it could likely be, mildew or poop spatters. Clean it once
a week with something that contains bleach, if the stains continue it's
poop.

--
Mac Cool

Toto toilet seat broken hold to toilet allan Home Repair 8 November 15th 15 10:08 PM
wooden toilet seat TMC UK diy 3 July 11th 07 03:53 PM
Stains on seat covers Rosa Sims UK diy 19 March 11th 07 09:18 PM
cracked toilet seat shederr Home Repair 2 May 5th 06 12:02 PM
Getting toilet seat off? souls UK diy 19 October 13th 05 01:50 PM