Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

Default wooden toilet seat

"AJH" wrote in message
Has anyone any recommendations for a budget one? I'm looking for one
with the hinge pin running through the whole hinge as I find the ones
with two individual posts, which seem most common, are hard to fix
securely.

My recommendation is not to buy budget toilet seats

B & Q do some and some are actually wood rather than veneered MDF I would
recommend not buying from them

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TMC wrote:
"AJH" wrote in message
Has anyone any recommendations for a budget one? I'm looking for one
with the hinge pin running through the whole hinge as I find the ones
with two individual posts, which seem most common, are hard to fix
securely.

My recommendation is not to buy budget toilet seats

B & Q do some and some are actually wood rather than veneered MDF I would
recommend not buying from them

Tony

You can get better/cheaper elsewhere. Solid that is.

Forget who makes ours..Ah. One has a plate on 'Roper Rhodes'

http://www.bathroom-trends.co.uk/aca...let_Seats.html

for details. Sub 40 quid for a real solid wood one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Or just **** straighter...

TMC wrote:
"AJH" wrote in message
Has anyone any recommendations for a budget one? I'm looking for one
with the hinge pin running through the whole hinge as I find the ones
with two individual posts, which seem most common, are hard to fix
securely.

My recommendation is not to buy budget toilet seats

B & Q do some and some are actually wood rather than veneered MDF I would
recommend not buying from them

Tony

You can get better/cheaper elsewhere. Solid that is.

Forget who makes ours..Ah. One has a plate on 'Roper Rhodes'

http://www.bathroom-trends.co.uk/aca...let_Seats.html

for details. Sub 40 quid for a real solid wood one.

Toto toilet seat broken hold to toilet allan Home Repair 8 November 15th 15 10:08 PM
wooden toilet seat The Natural Philosopher UK diy 0 July 11th 07 12:56 PM
Toilet Seat problem John UK diy 5 June 28th 07 10:37 AM
Fitting toilet seat R D S UK diy 13 November 1st 06 09:17 PM
Getting toilet seat off? souls UK diy 19 October 13th 05 01:50 PM