Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toilet Seat problem

My toilet seat has slowly worked it's way loose. Looking at it last
night and this morning I think I need 2 elbows and to be triple jointed
in order to get my fingers tightly around the plastic nut at the back of
the toilet as it's hidden behind a ceramic edge. I really can't get to
it. Anyone any ideas on what to do. I'm tempted with a large hammer at
the moment as it's not much use without a seat, except as a urinal...

Thanks
--
John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
My toilet seat has slowly worked it's way loose. Looking at it last
night and this morning I think I need 2 elbows and to be triple
jointed in order to get my fingers tightly around the plastic nut at
the back of the toilet as it's hidden behind a ceramic edge. I really
can't get to it. Anyone any ideas on what to do. I'm tempted with a
large hammer at the moment as it's not much use without a seat,
except as a urinal...

Can't say I've ever had a problem, but you might try this

Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
John wrote:
My toilet seat has slowly worked it's way loose. Looking at it last
night and this morning I think I need 2 elbows and to be triple
jointed in order to get my fingers tightly around the plastic nut at
the back of the toilet as it's hidden behind a ceramic edge. I really
can't get to it. Anyone any ideas on what to do. I'm tempted with a
large hammer at the moment as it's not much use without a seat,
except as a urinal...

Can't say I've ever had a problem, but you might try this

That's a distinct possibility. Cheaper than a new toilet anyway. Thanks

--
John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
John wrote:
My toilet seat has slowly worked it's way loose. Looking at it last
night and this morning I think I need 2 elbows and to be triple
jointed in order to get my fingers tightly around the plastic nut at
the back of the toilet as it's hidden behind a ceramic edge. I really
can't get to it. Anyone any ideas on what to do. I'm tempted with a
large hammer at the moment as it's not much use without a seat,
except as a urinal...

Can't say I've ever had a problem, but you might try this

That's a distinct possibility. Cheaper than a new toilet anyway. Thanks

Some have lift-up flaps so you can get at the bolt heads with a
screwdriver. At least then you only have to hold the nut rather than
turn it.
I've never known one that didn't work loose after a few months
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
John wrote:
My toilet seat has slowly worked it's way loose. Looking at it last
night and this morning I think I need 2 elbows and to be triple
jointed in order to get my fingers tightly around the plastic nut at
the back of the toilet as it's hidden behind a ceramic edge. I really
can't get to it. Anyone any ideas on what to do. I'm tempted with a
large hammer at the moment as it's not much use without a seat,
except as a urinal...

Can't say I've ever had a problem, but you might try this

Obtained (slightly cheaper via ebay) and fixed. Didn't even get my hands
dirty :-)

Mind you, after I'd finished I realised I was leaning on a dirty toilet
bowl to do it :-(

--
John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Stuart Noble wrote:
Some have lift-up flaps so you can get at the bolt heads with a
screwdriver. At least then you only have to hold the nut rather than
turn it.
I've never known one that didn't work loose after a few months

I used Loctite on mine. Sorted.

--
*Strip mining prevents forest fires.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Toto toilet seat broken hold to toilet allan Home Repair 8 November 15th 15 10:08 PM
Dangerous Toilet Seat Pat Home Repair 2 May 26th 07 02:46 PM
Fitting toilet seat R D S UK diy 13 November 1st 06 09:17 PM
Replacing toilet seat Martin UK diy 5 October 16th 06 05:44 AM
Getting toilet seat off? souls UK diy 19 October 13th 05 01:50 PM