Posted to alt.home.repair

Default venting for cold storage room

I noticed that in my new home the home builder put 2 vents in the cold
storage room. That's wonderful but both vents are the flap kind ??
How is air suppose to get and out if the vents are closed 100% of the
time. Are the vents not suppose to be the kind that are constructed
open wtih a screen inside to prevent bugs from getting in ? There is
a really bad musty smell as well in the basement.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"car crash" wrote in message
ups.com...
I noticed that in my new home the home builder put 2 vents in the cold
storage room. That's wonderful but both vents are the flap kind ??
How is air suppose to get and out if the vents are closed 100% of the
time. Are the vents not suppose to be the kind that are constructed
open wtih a screen inside to prevent bugs from getting in ? There is
a really bad musty smell as well in the basement.

Mold can be a serious health issue. Basements tend toward mold.

Musty odor in storage room BZ Home Repair 1 April 1st 07 06:46 AM
Cold weather storage RayV Woodworking 2 January 30th 07 03:33 PM
cold water storage tank yogi UK diy 11 November 2nd 06 01:33 PM
Garage Storage and Room Temperature Billy Home Ownership 2 December 2nd 04 04:11 PM
Cold Water Storage Tank Martin UK diy 5 December 29th 03 08:06 PM