Posted to alt.home.repair
BZ BZ is offline

Default Musty odor in storage room

I've got a standalone building in my back yard that I used for storage
and left closed up for over a year. Now it has that characteristic
musty storage odor to it, and I can't get it out for anything.

This storage room is like a standalone room in a house. It has wood
paneling and a laminate floor. It's got windows, a door, and a small
built-in air conditioner. It's about 11 x 19.

I've tried a window fan running 24 hours, and also tried an ionic air
cleaner, but as soon as the unit goes off, the smell comes back. I've
used a kind of "lava rock" odor absorber, which proved worthless, and
even tried wiping down the walls with dryer sheets.

Do I have to tear out the paneling to get rid of the smell? Would a
cubic yard of activated charcoal get rid of the smell forever? Any
ideas are appreciated.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 00:07:26 -0500, BZ wrote:

I've got a standalone building in my back yard that I used for storage
and left closed up for over a year. Now it has that characteristic
musty storage odor to it, and I can't get it out for anything.

Sunlight? A mirror? Remove the roof? I don't know.

Removing musty odor BZ Home Repair 4 January 28th 07 06:15 PM
Room Odor Art Home Repair 4 January 8th 07 12:25 AM
Musty odor Bernie Home Repair 0 November 10th 06 01:01 PM
Bad musty odor from central heat vents [email protected] Home Repair 4 September 24th 06 01:03 AM
Garage Storage and Room Temperature Billy Home Ownership 2 December 2nd 04 04:11 PM