Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Room Odor

I have a "sudden" odor in a small (8' x 8') room - assume it's coming from
the ceiling area most likely something dead in the attic. Went up in attic
to see if I could find to no avail - too much insulation.

Assuming a mouse, how long to deteriorate - seems like the last time I had a
similar problem, took at least 3-4 weeks for odor to subside.

Anyone have idea for "killing" the smell until it rectifies itself. Tried
some of the over the counter air fresheners but the "mixture" of odors is
not much better.

Thanks in advance.

Art

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Art" wrote in message
I have a "sudden" odor in a small (8' x 8') room - assume it's coming from
the ceiling area most likely something dead in the attic. Went up in attic
to see if I could find to no avail - too much insulation.

Assuming a mouse, how long to deteriorate - seems like the last time I had
a similar problem, took at least 3-4 weeks for odor to subside.

Anyone have idea for "killing" the smell until it rectifies itself. Tried
some of the over the counter air fresheners but the "mixture" of odors is
not much better.

You mentioned a mouse. Check the air ducts. It is common to find a dead
mouse or other critter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 15:16:08 -0500, "Art" wrote:

Anyone have idea for "killing" the smell until it rectifies itself. Tried
some of the over the counter air fresheners but the "mixture" of odors is
not much better.

A real ionizer-- not Ionic breeze-- Look on ebay for an "Alpine
Fresh". They go new for $150 or so [on Ebay]- but I've bought 2 used
ones that have been fine- paid $75 each.

I was made a believer when my brother-in-law brought one over to take
the smoke smell out of a room that had a mattress fire. 2 days &
you'd think the room was a clearing in the woods someplace. [He paid
$300 for his a couple years ago from a local dealer.]

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Call a funeral director. They have ways to deal with this.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stubby wrote:
Call a funeral director. They have ways to deal with this.

Yea, bring it in and they can embalm it. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

bathroom odor House Maven Home Repair 4 December 2nd 06 10:14 AM
Musty odor Bernie Home Repair 0 November 10th 06 01:01 PM
Water with NO odor has an odor AFTER osmosis filtering... [email protected] Home Repair 4 October 19th 06 01:19 AM
urethane floor finish room-by-room dan10170 Home Repair 0 January 6th 06 11:28 AM
Odor Wars Bruce Hilsen Home Repair 2 June 4th 05 04:21 PM