Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Billy

Default Garage Storage and Room Temperature

I just starting storing my tools, paint, batteries, extra bulbs, joint
compound, electrical supplies, plumbing supplies, etc out in the garage. I
moved them from the basement. The garage gets much hotter and cooler than
the basement. It's nearly Winter here in the NE USA. I recently attempted to
use some light spackle that was being stored there and the consistency
appears changed. It seemed very dry or perhaps frozen. Is there any reason
that I should not store any of these items listed at above or below normal
temperatures?

John A. Weeks III

In article , Billy
wrote:

I just starting storing my tools, paint, batteries, extra bulbs, joint
compound, electrical supplies, plumbing supplies, etc out in the garage. I
moved them from the basement. The garage gets much hotter and cooler than
the basement. It's nearly Winter here in the NE USA. I recently attempted to
use some light spackle that was being stored there and the consistency
appears changed. It seemed very dry or perhaps frozen. Is there any reason
that I should not store any of these items listed at above or below normal
temperatures?

Many items will change consistency and no longer work properly when
they are exposed to extremes in hot and cold. Best to check the
directions on the packages to see what the storage temperature
range is. You may be better off storing these kinds of things
in a more consistent environment. Perhaps you could wall off a
closet in your garage and insulate it.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Joseph Peterson

The joint compound will not be too good if it freezes.Also do not put it
on a cold wall below 50 degrees.I have done that and it never dried
right.

Joe Peterson
Burlington,Massachusets ( God Bless)