Billy

Default Garage Storage and Room Temperature

I just starting storing my tools, paint, batteries, extra bulbs, joint
compound, electrical supplies, plumbing supplies, etc out in the garage. I
moved them from the basement. The garage gets much hotter and cooler than
the basement. It's nearly Winter here in the NE USA. I recently attempted to
use some light spackle that was being stored there and the consistency
appears changed. It seemed very dry or perhaps frozen. Is there any reason
that I should not store any of these items listed at above or below normal
temperatures?