DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   venting for cold storage room (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/204836-venting-cold-storage-room.html)

car crash June 26th 07 12:05 AM

venting for cold storage room

I noticed that in my new home the home builder put 2 vents in the cold
storage room. That's wonderful but both vents are the flap kind ??
How is air suppose to get and out if the vents are closed 100% of the
time. Are the vents not suppose to be the kind that are constructed
open wtih a screen inside to prevent bugs from getting in ? There is
a really bad musty smell as well in the basement.

Charles June 26th 07 12:28 AM

venting for cold storage room

"car crash" wrote in message
ups.com...
I noticed that in my new home the home builder put 2 vents in the cold
storage room. That's wonderful but both vents are the flap kind ??
How is air suppose to get and out if the vents are closed 100% of the
time. Are the vents not suppose to be the kind that are constructed
open wtih a screen inside to prevent bugs from getting in ? There is
a really bad musty smell as well in the basement.

Mold can be a serious health issue. Basements tend toward mold.