Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to loosen PVC P-Trap that is stuck?

Hi,
I have retrieve a piece of jewellery that has fallen down the sink. We
think it might still be in the P-trap - but dont know for sure. When I try
to open it up, the PVC joints are tight - looks like with putty. How can I
pry them open? ANy solution that would loosen it up again?
Best.
KC

KG
Posted to alt.home.repair

"atlplumber" wrote in message
news:52ac17d461cbc82e0c3327452ad06dc3@homerepairli ve.com...
Hi,
I have retrieve a piece of jewellery that has fallen down the sink. We
think it might still be in the P-trap - but dont know for sure. When I try
to open it up, the PVC joints are tight - looks like with putty. How can I
pry them open? ANy solution that would loosen it up again?

If it's glued, you'll have to saw it out.

I assume that this P trap doesn't have a cap on the bottom to allow you to
retrieve your jewellery?

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

atlplumber wrote:
Hi,
I have retrieve a piece of jewellery that has fallen down the sink. We
think it might still be in the P-trap - but dont know for sure. When I try
to open it up, the PVC joints are tight - looks like with putty. How can I
pry them open? ANy solution that would loosen it up again?

They don't "pry" -- normally traps are threaded so they can be removed
-- if not, as Noozer says, it was likely glued up. If that's the case,
your only recourse is the saw. Put it back w/ a conventional p-trap and
won't have such a problem next time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 09:26:25 -0500, "atlplumber"
wrote:

Hi,
I have retrieve a piece of jewellery that has fallen down the sink. We
think it might still be in the P-trap - but dont know for sure. When I try
to open it up, the PVC joints are tight - looks like with putty. How can I
pry them open? ANy solution that would loosen it up again?
Best.
KC

KG

Bust it out and replace it with a new one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to dpb, Ron The Man wrote:
What about heating up the PVC near the threaded area to loosen the glue?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ck-225803-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 11:44:06 AM UTC-4, Ron The Man wrote:
replying to dpb, Ron The Man wrote:
What about heating up the PVC near the threaded area to loosen the glue?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ck-225803-.htm

What about homemoaners folks reading the date of posts before replying?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:44:02 GMT, Ron The Man
m wrote:

What about heating up the PVC near the threaded area to loosen the glue?

What about it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

m wrote:

What about heating up the PVC near the threaded area to loosen the glue?

What about it?

Flame on, brother...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Ron The Man, roadcamel wrote:
You may not have helped the guy from 2007 but you helped me and probably
others who Googled this thread. You also spelled your words correctly.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ck-225803-.htm

Help With Trap Had Enough UK diy 10 June 16th 06 05:47 PM
Will heat loosen veneer? Tim Schubach Woodworking 4 March 20th 06 02:47 AM
The Look What I Can Do Trap charlie b Woodturning 10 January 15th 06 12:20 AM
Rat Trap Tom Pinner Home Repair 8 May 17th 05 04:06 AM
How to loosen/break PVC glue? jtpryan Home Repair 7 February 24th 05 11:37 AM