Tom Pinner

Default Rat Trap

Have a rat that has tunneled under my storage building. Would anyone know
what type bait (rat food) to put on rat trap. Man I hate rats - though of
hot dog or bologna. Appreciate any replies. Thanks Tom

Hound Dog

"Tom Pinner" wrote in message
. ..
Have a rat that has tunneled under my storage building. Would anyone know
what type bait (rat food) to put on rat trap. Man I hate rats - though of
hot dog or bologna. Appreciate any replies. Thanks Tom

Used peanut butter on mouse traps and had a serious mouse population under
control in about a week.

Not a mouse in sight now!

Might do the same for rats.

Hound Dog

-@-- wrote in message ...
On Sun, 15 May 2005 23:42:32 -0500, "Hound Dog"
wrote:

"Tom Pinner" wrote in message
m...
Have a rat that has tunneled under my storage building. Would anyone
know
what type bait (rat food) to put on rat trap. Man I hate rats - though
of
hot dog or bologna. Appreciate any replies. Thanks Tom

Used peanut butter on mouse traps and had a serious mouse population under
control in about a week.

Not a mouse in sight now!

Might do the same for rats.

A mouse trap WILL NOT catch Rats.
You MUST use a RAT TRAP !!!

As bright as a burned out light bulb, aren't you?

Gideon

Duh. He didn't recommend using a mouse trap,
Einstein. He recommended using peanut butter as
bait on rat traps since it works so well on mouse traps.

Gideon

Hound Dog is correct - peanut butter works extremely well.
Rodents love the taste of it, plus it is difficult for them to
steal the sticky peanut butter without setting off the trap.

The only downside is the fact that the peanut butter may
attract ants. You could acquire these new pest this way,
plus the ants will slowly steal the bait.

Don't forget poisons such as Decon, which are generally
very effective.

If you feel that rats will be a continual problem, then consider
electrocuting them with the Rat Zapper, which costs about
$39 and is widely available in retail outlets these days. It
will kill rats, mice, chipmunks, etc.

Good luck,
Gideon

===================

Hound Dog wrote in message ...

"Tom Pinner" wrote in message
. ..
Have a rat that has tunneled under my storage building. Would anyone know
what type bait (rat food) to put on rat trap. Man I hate rats - though of
hot dog or bologna. Appreciate any replies. Thanks Tom

Used peanut butter on mouse traps and had a serious mouse population under
control in about a week.

Not a mouse in sight now!

Might do the same for rats.

Gideon

Try local retailers before ordering a "Rat Zapper." Many mail order outfits
charge up to twice the prevailing price at retail stores.

BobK207

I work with a guy who uses a Rat Zapper, he swears by it.

If you use conventional traps, bait but do not set for 2 or 3 nights.
This technique luls the rat in a false sense of "oh boy , another
free meal"

Works every time!

Bob