Posted to uk.d-i-y
Had Enough

Default Help With Trap

We have a few rats in the garden and have bought a Monarch Live Capture Rat
Trap.
It is the second one down on this page:
http://www.trapman.co.uk/rat-traps.htm

It is not working too well. The rats dive in and out of the right-hand side
and only a couple of medium sized rats have been heavy enough to lower the
flap in the middle.

I have been trying to devise a way of putting a trap door at the entry point
on the right-hand side or fixing something on that I could yank remotely to
keep the little blighters in the trap.

Anyone got any suggestions to adapt this trap please? (No poison
suggestions please as we have a lot of wildlife)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker

Had Enough wrote:
We have a few rats in the garden and have bought a Monarch Live
Capture Rat Trap.
It is the second one down on this page:
http://www.trapman.co.uk/rat-traps.htm

It is not working too well. The rats dive in and out of the
right-hand side and only a couple of medium sized rats have been
heavy enough to lower the flap in the middle.

Have you contacted the suppliers? They seem proud of their products, and
might offer some ideas or a replacement for you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
gort

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:41:50 +0100, Had Enough wrote:

We have a few rats in the garden and have bought a Monarch Live Capture Rat
Trap.

Just as a matter of interest, what are you going to do with the rats once
you have caught them?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from gort contains these words:

Just as a matter of interest, what are you going to do with the rats once
you have caught them?

Give them a good stern talking to?

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Had Enough

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from gort contains these words:

Just as a matter of interest, what are you going to do with the rats once
you have caught them?

Give them a good stern talking to?

--
Skipweasel

Wish it was that easy. We have only caught 2 so far and they have been
taken about 10-15 miles away in different directions and released in
woodland areas not too close to residential areas.
Can't use poison and can't clobber them to death so don't know any
alternatives!
Although it is illegal to release squirrels back to the wild, seems it is ok
for rats for some unfathomable reason!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from "Had Enough" someone@somewhere contains these words:

Wish it was that easy. We have only caught 2 so far and they have been
taken about 10-15 miles away in different directions and released in
woodland areas not too close to residential areas.

That seems excessive. They're vermin - kill 'em.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

Wish it was that easy. We have only caught 2 so far and they
have been taken about 10-15 miles away in different directions
and released in woodland areas not too close to residential areas.

That seems excessive. They're vermin - kill 'em.

I deduce they might be vegetarian/vegan and this might be against their
principles. Either that, or they're a bit squeamish!

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from "Christian McArdle" contains
these words:

That seems excessive. They're vermin - kill 'em.

I deduce they might be vegetarian/vegan and this might be against their
principles. Either that, or they're a bit squeamish!

So - eat the vegans.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

I deduce they might be vegetarian/vegan and this might be against
their principles. Either that, or they're a bit squeamish!

So - eat the vegans.

Nah, they're probably all tough string and bone with all those chickpeas and
carob. Give me nicely fattened up carnivore on the barbie any day.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Helen Deborah Vecht

"Christian McArdle" typed

Nah, they're probably all tough string and bone with all those chickpeas and
carob. Give me nicely fattened up carnivore on the barbie any day.

But don't eat the liver...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Helen Deborah Vecht contains these words:

But don't eat the liver...

Remind me to take you with me next time I crash on a snowy mountain so
you can advise me what bits of you to eat.

--
Skipweasel