Posted to alt.home.repair

Default diffusing rain gutters?

anybody know about those gutters that diffuse the water at the edge of
the roof (so you don't need a trough and downspout)? specifically do
they work? how well can they handle heavy water flow?

I remember reading about them, but can't find much with google, which
makes me think they may not work well

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 13, 5:04 pm, homi wrote:
anybody know about those gutters that diffuse the water at the edge of
the roof (so you don't need a trough and downspout)? specifically do
they work? how well can they handle heavy water flow?

I remember reading about them, but can't find much with google, which
makes me think they may not work well

OK, troll, next question?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 13, 3:22 pm, wrote:
On Jun 13, 5:04 pm, homi wrote:

anybody know about those gutters that diffuse the water at the edge of
the roof (so you don't need a trough and downspout)? specifically do
they work? how well can they handle heavy water flow?

I remember reading about them, but can't find much with google, which
makes me think they may not work well

OK, troll, next question?

heh. actually, not a troll
I get all the gutter spam, too, but I don't follow this group closely
enough to see why this is troll-like
search function = nothing about this

Posted to alt.home.repair

"homi" wrote

anybody know about those gutters that diffuse the water at the edge of
the roof (so you don't need a trough and downspout)? specifically do
they work? how well can they handle heavy water flow?

I remember reading about them, but can't find much with google, which
makes me think they may not work well

I've seen a couple of advertisements, with different configurations. I've
never actually seen them on a structure.

Search Google for: Gutterless gutters

Here's one site that's listed. http://rainbreakerz.com/customer/home.php

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've never heard of this device you describe but it sounds like it
would work very well - at pouring all the water on the ground at the
base of your house where it will flood the basement.

-rev

On Jun 13, 5:04 pm, homi wrote:
anybody know about those gutters that diffuse the water at the edge of
the roof (so you don't need a trough and downspout)? specifically do
they work? how well can they handle heavy water flow?

I remember reading about them, but can't find much with google, which
makes me think they may not work well

Posted to alt.home.repair

homi wrote:
anybody know about those gutters that diffuse the water at the edge of
the roof (so you don't need a trough and downspout)? specifically do
they work? how well can they handle heavy water flow?

I remember reading about them, but can't find much with google, which
makes me think they may not work well

Yea I have seen them, but ... In most situations they are not a good
idea.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes is there a toilet that you don't need to hook up to a waste pipe
and the poop and pee and toilet paper just diffuses?

Yes, it's known as a fan. Just make sure you get something over 15,000 RPM
like a jet turbine or something. That way you almost guarantee that all
the diffused particles go out the other end and don't splatter on you.

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:04:15 -0700, homi wrote:

anybody know about those gutters that diffuse the water at the edge of
the roof (so you don't need a trough and downspout)? specifically do
they work? how well can they handle heavy water flow?

I remember reading about them, but can't find much with google, which
makes me think they may not work well

They are good advertisers. They spill water around/near your
foundation, promoting water damage, encouraging insects and fungus.
Water should be carried at least 10 feet from the foundation--not even
a typical splash block can do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 13, 5:04 pm, homi wrote:
anybody know about those gutters that diffuse the water at the edge of
the roof (so you don't need a trough and downspout)? specifically do
they work? how well can they handle heavy water flow?

I remember reading about them, but can't find much with google, which
makes me think they may not work well

One of the main functions of gutters is to collect the water and allow
you to divert the flow away from the house. The rainhandlers don't do
that at all. Their claim that it essentially atomizes the droplets
and disperse it over a wider area. This is not exactly accurate. The
water stills lands fairly close to the building.

They also have a tendency to create several furrows in the soil under
them, where no gutter at all would create just one.

Interesting idea - fails in application.

Whats the best way to clean rain gutters? [email protected] Home Repair 1 August 28th 06 08:57 PM
corroded rain gutters JillAdams Home Repair 3 April 16th 06 12:52 AM
rain gutters dirty John H. Home Repair 6 August 12th 05 04:53 PM
Not rain gutters, but something.... Jim Beaver Home Repair 2 July 30th 05 06:38 PM
Rain Gutters K style TP Home Repair 1 October 15th 04 09:20 PM