TP

Default Rain Gutters K style

Had a new roof put on. Tore off old one. The drip edge is tight
against the fascia. ( should be ¾ offset) I was thinking of
putting gutter covers on. This to make sure the water tension
got into the gutter and not running down the fascia. I heard the
covers could void the shingle warranty. (I used GAF 30yr.) I
guess something about the cover slip under first shingle. My
other option would be slip a second drip edge under and forget
about. Any one have experience with this problem?

Thanks
TP
Micro Angelo

In a previous posting, Usenet was endowed with the following text from
TP :

Had a new roof put on. Tore off old one. The drip edge is tight
against the fascia. ( should be ¾ offset) I was thinking of
putting gutter covers on. This to make sure the water tension
got into the gutter and not running down the fascia. I heard the
covers could void the shingle warranty. (I used GAF 30yr.) I
guess something about the cover slip under first shingle. My
other option would be slip a second drip edge under and forget
about. Any one have experience with this problem?

Thanks
TP

I think you're right. A solid cover would likely cause problems, unless
there is a real steep pitch to keep rain from backing up under the
shingles.