Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Inundated with Ants

Carpenter and regular and nothing is working. Any ideas other than paying
someone big bucks? This is the worst I've ever seen!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 31, 1:52 am, "Big Al" wrote:
"Peony Astrid" wrote in message

Carpenter and regular and nothing is working. Any ideas other than paying
someone big bucks? This is the worst I've ever seen!

I could send you some Antlions.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AntlionI have
about a hundred of them here. I put jelly on wax paper and dump the ants
near their cones. As much fun as watching a bug zapper, with no smell

Did you try Amdro, also sold as Grant's? It works.

Al

FIPRONIL. Its what Terminix uses. Buy it in HD in "Combat" syringe
tubes of gel, and squirt it though a hole (or wherever the ants are).
They take it back to the queen and it kills the colony. Worked for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar Lar is offline

dean wrote:

On May 31, 1:52 am, "Big Al" wrote:

"Peony Astrid" wrote in message

Carpenter and regular and nothing is working. Any ideas other than paying
someone big bucks? This is the worst I've ever seen!

FIPRONIL. Its what Terminix uses. Buy it in HD in "Combat" syringe
tubes of gel, and squirt it though a hole (or wherever the ants are).
They take it back to the queen and it kills the colony. Worked for me.

As long as the ants are attracted to the bait and consume it. Terminix
would of used Maxforce baits, who the makers also make Combat, except
with a different attractant.

Lar
Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar Lar is offline

Peony Astrid wrote:

Carpenter and regular and nothing is working. Any ideas other than paying
someone big bucks? This is the worst I've ever seen!

If you are sure you have carpenter ants Advance Carpenter Ant granules
are one of the two baits that I know that carp ants will seem to always
eat and many other ants also will feed off it as well. But sometimes
with the smaller ants it can be a hit and miss on what they will feed
on. Wondering if you are in an area of lots of rain this year, the
small ants will tend to stay outside when it dries up some.

Lar

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Peony Astrid" wrote:
Carpenter and regular and nothing is working. Any ideas other than paying
someone big bucks? This is the worst I've ever seen!

I've tried a number of things over the years without any real success, until
earlier this spring when I bought a jug of Amdro Ant-Block crystals. Spread
the bait out as directed, and three days later -- no ants. None. And they
haven't been back.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 31, 2:40 am, Lar wrote:
dean wrote:
On May 31, 1:52 am, "Big Al" wrote:

"Peony Astrid" wrote in message

Carpenter and regular and nothing is working. Any ideas other than paying
someone big bucks? This is the worst I've ever seen!

FIPRONIL. Its what Terminix uses. Buy it in HD in "Combat" syringe
tubes of gel, and squirt it though a hole (or wherever the ants are).
They take it back to the queen and it kills the colony. Worked for me.

As long as the ants are attracted to the bait and consume it. Terminix
would of used Maxforce baits, who the makers also make Combat, except
with a different attractant.

Lar- Hide quoted text -

Lar -I did some research a while back and I thought that Terminix uses
the same thing - Fipronil. Are you sure its different?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Jon is offline

What was mentioned above may be the active ingredients in this, but I have
had success with Raid Liquid Ant Killer. Comes in a little red bottle. Just
put it on some wax paper near where they are coming into your house and they
eat and return to nest and died. 2-3 days and there isn't an ant to be
found.

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "Peony Astrid"
wrote:
Carpenter and regular and nothing is working. Any ideas other than paying
someone big bucks? This is the worst I've ever seen!

I've tried a number of things over the years without any real success,
until
earlier this spring when I bought a jug of Amdro Ant-Block crystals.
Spread
the bait out as directed, and three days later -- no ants. None. And they
haven't been back.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar Lar is offline

dean wrote:

FIPRONIL. Its what Terminix uses. Buy it in HD in "Combat" syringe
tubes of gel, and squirt it though a hole (or wherever the ants are).
They take it back to the queen and it kills the colony. Worked for me.

As long as the ants are attracted to the bait and consume it. Terminix
would of used Maxforce baits, who the makers also make Combat, except
with a different attractant.

Lar- Hide quoted text -

Lar -I did some research a while back and I thought that Terminix uses
the same thing - Fipronil. Are you sure its different?

Fipronil is the active ingredient of of some ant baits for both Combat
and Maxforce. The same company makes both of them. Maxforce brand is
sold to the professionals, Combat is sold to the home owner market. When
Maxforce Pharaoh Ant bait first came out on the market 17/18 years ago,
it was a miracle worker for pharaoh ants..they are pretty much a non
issue these days when before we were pulling our hair out trying to get
rid of them. The maker made it clear to the "pros" that the product
would not be on the do it yourself market and in just a couple of years
later combat came out. Their reasoning was since they don't use the
same attractant it was a different product. But with any of the baits
on the market if the ants do accept and eat it they will disappear.

Lar
Posted to alt.home.repair

Log on www.gardensalive.com and purchase liquid ant bait. Put it
out in shallow pans (bottle caps work nicely) and let the ants
drink to their hearts content. Worked for me. Several years
later, not an ant to be seen.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Peony Astrid" wrote in message
: Carpenter and regular and nothing is working. Any ideas other
than paying
: someone big bucks? This is the worst I've ever seen!
:
:
:
:
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

.

"Peony Astrid" wrote in message
: Carpenter and regular and nothing is working. Any ideas other
than paying
: someone big bucks? This is the worst I've ever seen!
:

I've used Terro on both household and outside carpenter ants with 100%
success. Nothing else has ever worked at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mix sugar and anifreeze and pour some into the plastic lid off a coffee
container. Place near location where you beleive ants are entering home.
Do not place where pets children etc can get at it since it is sweet to
taste and is poison. It took a while for the ants to find it but one day
they were happy as can be going in and out the plastic lid, and then
after a week or so i didn't see any more.

h wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .

Log on www.gardensalive.com and purchase liquid ant bait. Put it
out in shallow pans (bottle caps work nicely) and let the ants
drink to their hearts content. Worked for me. Several years
later, not an ant to be seen.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
You have to starve them.
.

"Peony Astrid" wrote in message
: Carpenter and regular and nothing is working. Any ideas other
than paying
: someone big bucks? This is the worst I've ever seen!
:

I've used Terro on both household and outside carpenter ants with 100%
success. Nothing else has ever worked at all.

House being inundated, please help Pat Home Repair 8 November 1st 06 08:03 AM
Ants, Lots of Ants Steve Home Repair 21 July 26th 06 04:13 AM
ants Wayne Langille Home Repair 5 May 24th 06 05:05 PM
Ants DS Home Repair 10 July 30th 05 01:36 AM
Ants G.W. Walker UK diy 65 May 7th 04 11:18 PM