Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar Lar is offline

Default Inundated with Ants

dean wrote:

FIPRONIL. Its what Terminix uses. Buy it in HD in "Combat" syringe
tubes of gel, and squirt it though a hole (or wherever the ants are).
They take it back to the queen and it kills the colony. Worked for me.

As long as the ants are attracted to the bait and consume it. Terminix
would of used Maxforce baits, who the makers also make Combat, except
with a different attractant.

Lar- Hide quoted text -

Lar -I did some research a while back and I thought that Terminix uses
the same thing - Fipronil. Are you sure its different?

Fipronil is the active ingredient of of some ant baits for both Combat
and Maxforce. The same company makes both of them. Maxforce brand is
sold to the professionals, Combat is sold to the home owner market. When
Maxforce Pharaoh Ant bait first came out on the market 17/18 years ago,
it was a miracle worker for pharaoh ants..they are pretty much a non
issue these days when before we were pulling our hair out trying to get
rid of them. The maker made it clear to the "pros" that the product
would not be on the do it yourself market and in just a couple of years
later combat came out. Their reasoning was since they don't use the
same attractant it was a different product. But with any of the baits
on the market if the ants do accept and eat it they will disappear.

Lar