Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Frigidaire Washer Drain Plugged

I have a Frigidaire washer (FWX223LBS7) and it wont drain. Everything
I read is drain plugged or pump failure. Since it stopped draining
all of a sudden I am thinking it is a plugged drain. As I was bailing
out the water from the stuck load there was a lot of material in the
washer from the rug I was washing (shedding?).

Anyway, I got the front panel off and now I am stumped as how to
disconnect the hoses from the pump to try to clear them. They have
some very odd looking clamps on them and I can not figure out how to
get them off. Any ideas??

I'm really hoping I dont have to call a serviceperson for this!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Take some channelock pliers and grip on either side of the clamp to
pinch the sides and expand the "o". It is highly unlikely that there
is something in the hoses. Rather, there is probably something inside
the pump itself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 17, 5:08 pm, Cirrusly wrote:
No, it is not the screw down type.

We just had this very same thing happen about a month ago. My wife
had been washing a wool piece of fabric and it shed so bad pieces of
it balled up inside the pump. But ours is a Maytag and the clamps on
the hoses were not a problem to remove. But there has to be a method
of removal / adjusting the clamps on yours. If not a screw type then
possibly a small 5/16 hex head bolt maybe? If not that, then I would
just try to break them to get them off and then put new screw type
clamps back on after clearing the pump. Good luck!

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 17 May 2007 20:03:06 -0700, Steve wrote:

On May 17, 5:08 pm, Cirrusly wrote:
No, it is not the screw down type.

We just had this very same thing happen about a month ago. My wife
had been washing a wool piece of fabric and it shed so bad pieces of
it balled up inside the pump. But ours is a Maytag and the clamps on
the hoses were not a problem to remove. But there has to be a method
of removal / adjusting the clamps on yours. If not a screw type then
possibly a small 5/16 hex head bolt maybe? If not that, then I would
just try to break them to get them off and then put new screw type
clamps back on after clearing the pump. Good luck!

Don't break the pump itself, a part of which goes into each hose.

I'm surprised there is no clamp or you can't just pull the hose off,
but if determined to get in there, a knife to cut the hose off and a
slit to cut down the length of the small part remaining on th epump.
I just hope the hose is not some unusual size, but I guess you can buy
hoses pieces from the maker if you can't just use standard hose.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 17, 5:11 pm, wrote:
I have a Frigidaire washer (FWX223LBS7) and it wont drain. Everything
I read is drain plugged or pump failure. Since it stopped draining
all of a sudden I am thinking it is a plugged drain. As I was bailing
out the water from the stuck load there was a lot of material in the
washer from the rug I was washing (shedding?).

Anyway, I got the front panel off and now I am stumped as how to
disconnect the hoses from the pump to try to clear them. They have
some very odd looking clamps on them and I can not figure out how to
get them off. Any ideas??

I'm really hoping I dont have to call a serviceperson for this!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I'm not a clothes washer expert, but those who point to the pump as
the culprit are probably right on the mark. A centrifical pump has to
accelerate the incoming fluid from the eye of the pump and into the
vanes. This is the choke point for the carpet material to get hung
up.
Joe G

FRIGIDAIRE WASHER annika Home Repair 1 October 26th 05 08:41 PM
Leaking Dishwasher - plugged drain? Bill Stock Home Repair 9 September 29th 05 04:13 AM
plugged defrost drain Amana frig? Sue Home Repair 3 February 16th 05 04:22 PM
drain plugged; cleanouts appear stuck FlashFyre Home Repair 12 January 6th 04 02:50 AM
Plugged Tub Drain Bob P. Home Repair 6 November 18th 03 11:52 PM