Sue

Default plugged defrost drain Amana frig?

Hi,

I have a 1 year old Amana refrigerator with a bottow drawer freezer. Its
model number is ARB2217CSL.

It's accumulating water in the bottom of the freezer. A little web
research, and I'm wondering if it has a plugged defrost drain. I
should mention that it doesn't have a water filter, or an ice maker so
it's not that.

So after an intensive google, and reading the owners manual (next to
uselsss btw) I can't find out where the defrost drain is to check.
anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks
Sue
George E. Cawthon

Sue wrote:
Hi,

I have a 1 year old Amana refrigerator with a bottow drawer freezer. Its
model number is ARB2217CSL.

It's accumulating water in the bottom of the freezer. A little web
research, and I'm wondering if it has a plugged defrost drain. I
should mention that it doesn't have a water filter, or an ice maker so
it's not that.

So after an intensive google, and reading the owners manual (next to
uselsss btw) I can't find out where the defrost drain is to check.
anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks
Sue

Don't know that model but it may dump directly
into the pan. If you remove the front kick panel
(probably just snaps off, but you may have to have
the door open to do it) you will see where the fan
is and that should blow directly across the water
pan. Look for a plastic tube that ends just above
the pan, or it could be a very short metal tube
that is soldered directly into the bottom of the
freezer compartment. There should also be
evidence of the drain in the freezer compartment
(possibly at the back of the compartment). You
need to run a small wire through the tube.
Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

Its model number is ARB2217CSL

I found two...
ARB2217CSL-PARB2217CS0
ARB2217CSL-PARB2217CS2

It's accumulating water in the bottom of the freezer

Certainly -sounds- like a restricted defrost drain.

I can't find out where the defrost drain is to
check.

The defrost drain starts behind the back wall inside the
freezer...under the cooling coils...drips onto a trough there and goes
through the floor and down a tube/hose and into a pan under the
refrigerator. A wire or cable can often be used to run through the hose
to clean it out, or even a turley baster filled with hot water can be
used to blast some water down the drain to help flush it out.

These may help....
http://tinyurl.com/3smnh

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Sue

thanks Jeff,
greatly appreciate the help.

Wierd Shower drain problem JJ Home Repair 6 October 11th 04 03:31 PM
Plugged Tub Drain Bob P. Home Repair 6 November 18th 03 11:52 PM
Shower Drain Problem Please Help Michael Roback Home Repair 1 October 26th 03 01:27 PM
Shower Drain Problem Please Help Michael Roback Home Ownership 1 October 26th 03 01:27 PM
Remodel Leaking Drain Emergency Michael Roback Home Ownership 0 October 24th 03 04:03 AM